Forums Not Working In Firefox

onefastsol

Is anyone else having a problem opening the forums in Firefox? When I click on the forums button this is what I get. :D

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Geocaching.UI.ForumUpdateControl.UpdateForumUser() +1059

Geocaching.UI.forums_register.Page_UserLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +268

Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1082

Geocaching.UI.forums_register.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +131

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +772

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

The problem just started happening today. It was working fine last night.

In case you come back and look, I got in via Firefox, but I went through the Waymarking site. (And discovered I can go in direct, type-in.) But I cannot get in via the link on the main page with firefox. It hadn't occured to me to try explorer. I just don't use it anymore unless I absolutely have to.

The problem just started happening today. It was working fine last night.

Same thing here, but if I click on 'Log Out' on the geocaching.com site then it does let me in the forum (using Firefox) and I'm already logged in to Groundspeak. Hmmm... Maybe I should lot out of the forums, log back in geocaching.com, then come back?

I don't know if it's Firefox specific or not, but I have the same symptoms if I try to go to the forums from the main website, but if I go direct to forums.Groundspeak.com, I get the forums fine. Presumably that's what you see too?

Delete saved cookies, saved forms,and cache....close browser....open browser....log in through geocaching.com main page. That worked for me.

I was able to get in no problem w/ IE just not Firefox.

It's not Firefox, the error is on the server. You can get to the forums by going directly to http://forums.Groundspeak.com instead of the forums link on geocaching.com.

I'm sure it'll be cleared up as soon as they diagnose and fix the problem with the main geocaching.com site trying to update profile data on the new forums.