Time For Lordelph

The problem is with the way the new GM update now handles the GM_setValue funtion.

I fixed it with the following:

/* Original function
win.saveList=function()
{
GM_setValue('GCForumList', win.rows);
}
*/

// Updated for security changes by Me
win.saveList=function()
{
window.setTimeout(GM_setValue, 0, 'GCForumList', win.rows);
};

Can you advise on how to put this into the existing script? I can open the script in Notepad, but it is not easy to identify where the modification needs to go.

Or could you put a link to the full, modified script?

Thanks.

Geoff

YES - it works for me as well but with a little fiddling...

The code to be replaced is around line 53 of the script where you find the original function definition. Remove these lines - they are now in the commented (/*...*/) part of the new code. Insert the new code - I removed the ; on the end...?

I then had to disable and re-enable the script, with page refreshes before it finally burst back into life.

Many thanks GeoBain :lol::rolleyes:

The problem is with the way the new GM update now handles the GM_setValue funtion.

I fixed it with the following:

/* Original function
win.saveList=function()
{
GM_setValue('GCForumList', win.rows);
}
*/

// Updated for security changes by Me
win.saveList=function()
{
window.setTimeout(GM_setValue, 0, 'GCForumList', win.rows);
};

Can you advise on how to put this into the existing script? I can open the script in Notepad, but it is not easy to identify where the modification needs to go.

Or could you put a link to the full, modified script?

Thanks.

Geoff

YES - it works for me as well but with a little fiddling...

The code to be replaced is around line 53 of the script where you find the original function definition. Remove these lines - they are now in the commented (/*...*/) part of the new code. Insert the new code - I removed the ; on the end...?

I then had to disable and re-enable the script, with page refreshes before it finally burst back into life.

Many thanks GeoBain :rolleyes::lol:

I am being dumb here. Which script is it? I assumed it was the Forum Fix but I did a search for some of the words in the area which needed modification and they weren't found. :)

Help!!

I am being dumb here. Which script is it? I assumed it was the Forum Fix but I did a search for some of the words in the area which needed modification and they weren't found. :lol:

Help!!

Doh - I see what has happened. I originally referred to v1.3 which is the GC Forums fix script but the actual fix described above is in the Geocaching Forums Tools script. :)

Sorry :rolleyes:

I hope you can fix it now.

I am being dumb here. Which script is it? I assumed it was the Forum Fix but I did a search for some of the words in the area which needed modification and they weren't found. :lol:

Help!!

Doh - I see what has happened. I originally referred to v1.3 which is the GC Forums fix script but the actual fix described above is in the Geocaching Forums Tools script. :)

Sorry :rolleyes:

I hope you can fix it now.

Managed it, many thanks.

Mind you, WordPad is a lot better than Notepad for editing! :)

This all appears to be over my head! I have tried pasting and copying, but to no avail. Still when I return all the topics are back in situ. I've taken it off, re-installed, have the latest versions......nothing! Could not LE just change that line in his script enabling thickies like me to just add script!.........please! :D:P

This is NOT a replacement for LordElph's script. It is his script with the very minor change listed above. I take no credit for his work. In fact, I am begging him to add the ability to ignore posts by certain users.

With that said, here is a link to the script with the changes.

Update to Lord Elph's script

Very many thanks - I had only just noticed that the problem was there, read a bit further and it was solved! :drama:

I managed to find a similar script to work off for removing posts by ignored users. I edited it to work with GC forums. It seems to be working pretty well.

http://www.geocities.com/gcgeobain/gcignoreusers.user.js

I would love it if Lord Elph could work his magic and integrate this into his existing script so that we could click on a name to ignore. As it is currently written, you need to manually edit the script to add the name of the user you wish to ignore.

(I'm not a javascript expert by any stretch of the imagination)