Time For Lordelph

OK - If you're running the latest Firefox and Greasemonkey versions then this update of the geocaching forum script is for you - it now copes with the new layout to provide the "delete topic" button you've come to depend on ;)

To install, simply right click here and choose "Install User Script..."

I cranked this out fairly quickly, so if you notice anything awry, drop me a note....

Show Ignored Topics is showing over the Forum Options button.

Sounds like the old version - click Tools->Manage User Scripts, highlight "Geocaching Forum Tools" and click "Edit..." - the top of the file should have the message

Geocaching Forum Tools - 0.30 04/02/2006

If it's an earlier version you need to re-install.

Aarrgghhhh! I've just reinstalled the script and while I get the "Show/Hide" topic message at the top of the screen I don't see the "Hide" button. I logged on as "The Hornet" and everything was fine so I guess there's some subtle change in the forum Moderator's screen that's screwing it up.

Curses, now I'll have to read everything!!!!!

I upgraded Greasemonkey earlier in the week and have noticed that the ignore thread script doesn't seem to be working as it should. New additions disappear but on the next visit they pop back up again. Older threads that have been ignored prior to the update are still hidden.

Anyone else notice the same behaviour?

I upgraded Greasemonkey earlier in the week and have noticed that the ignore thread script doesn't seem to be working as it should. New additions disappear but on the next visit they pop back up again. Older threads that have been ignored prior to the update are still hidden.

Anyone else notice the same behaviour?

Glad it wasn't just me :ph34r:

Yep, been having the same problem.

Ignore script still not working for me :smile:

Using FF V 2.0.0.11 and GM 0.7.20080121.0

Not working for me either and I have the same versions as Dino.

I'm on the same versions, but on Ubuntu (Linux) not Windows, and it was working for me. HOWEVER while poking about it unexplainably stopped working, to get it working again I had to disable the script and re-enable it again and it's all working as expected.

Ignore script still not working for me :(

I'm on the same versions, but on Ubuntu (Linux) not Windows, and it was working for me. HOWEVER while poking about it unexplainably stopped working, to get it working again I had to disable the script and re-enable it again and it's all working as expected.

Not working for me, Win2K at work, Win XP at home - same versions with GC forum fix (v1.3)

I tried disabling then re-enabling but no difference.

Ignore script still not working for me :(

Not working for me, Win2K at work, Win XP at home - same versions with GC forum fix (v1.3)

I tried disabling then re-enabling but no difference.

Same here. It will 'disappear' the post when you first click on the ignore icon, but refreshing the page brings it back again.

The problem is with the way the new GM update now handles the GM_setValue funtion.

I fixed it with the following:

/* Original function
win.saveList=function()
{
GM_setValue('GCForumList', win.rows);
}
*/

// Updated for security changes by Me
win.saveList=function()
{
window.setTimeout(GM_setValue, 0, 'GCForumList', win.rows);
};

The problem is with the way the new GM update now handles the GM_setValue funtion.

I fixed it with the following:

/* Original function
win.saveList=function()
{
GM_setValue('GCForumList', win.rows);
}
*/

// Updated for security changes by Me
win.saveList=function()
{
window.setTimeout(GM_setValue, 0, 'GCForumList', win.rows);
};

Can you advise on how to put this into the existing script? I can open the script in Notepad, but it is not easy to identify where the modification needs to go.

Or could you put a link to the full, modified script?

Thanks.

Geoff