New Board

BadAndy

I'm disappointed that my IP isn't really banned. I was already shopping for proxy servers and sock puppets ;)

I'd be delighted to ban you manually. It would be a shame for all that work to go to waste. Besides, I'd welcome the chance to test out the moderator tools in the new version of the software. :D

New forums look great. Is everyone else still getting a NullReferenceException on the main geocaching site when accessing the "Forums" link?

I sent an email via the "contact us" page yesterday advising the site maintainers they should really turn off remote errors. Stack traces in exception logs==bad.

It seems, if you make two posts in a row, it combines the second one with the first into one post; I guess this is the new flood control? ;)

Nope, flood control still pops up if you post in less than 30 sec. :D

But still, my seperate posts were combined into one.

Edit: this is the fourth seperate post (this one being an edit) all combined into one post.

Edited by sept1c_tank

Brevity is a must; the maximum number of characters allowed in a post is 1,024,000 (I have used 385 characters in this message). Maybe it's always been that way. That seems like enough characters to last a year. Hmmm, wouldn't it be interesting if each poster was limited to 1,024,000 characters per year? It appears that spaces are included in the character count, too. :D;)

Brevity is a must; the maximum number of characters allowed in a post is 1,024,000 (I have used 385 characters in this message). Maybe it's always been that way. That seems like enough characters to last a year. Hmmm, wouldn't it be interesting if each poster was limited to 1,024,000 characters per year? It appears that spaces are included in the character count, too. ;):D

u cn alwys jst skp sum letrs. :D

Looks cool so far. Hope it's stable.

It seems, if you make two posts in a row, it combines the second one with the first into one post; I guess this is the new flood control? ;)

Nope, flood control still pops up if you post in less than 30 sec. :D

But still, my seperate posts were combined into one.

Edit: this is the fourth seperate post (this one being an edit) all combined into one post.

You moved my cheese! But it's a good thing.

Sorry about shoving the message outside this thread. Heh.

Greg

Did you know you can quote multiple posts in one shot? I tried it just now and it works! COOL!

Now I have to find a new way to set my font color ;)

No offense, Sax, but I have always found that annoying; an occasional post in color is OK, but responding in blue everytime is kinda like SHOUTING. But I'm sure you'll find a way.

No doubt there are some who are annoyed with my habit of ALWAYS using two emoticons at at the end of EVERY post. :D:D

Now I have to find a new way to set my font color ;)

No offense, Sax, but I have always found that annoying; an occasional post in color is OK, but responding in blue everytime is kinda like SHOUTING. But I'm sure you'll find a way.

No doubt there are some who are annoyed with my habit of ALWAYS using two emoticons at at the end of EVERY post. :D:D

IF I WAS SHOUTING, YOU'D KNOW :D

Now I have to find a new way to set my font color :D

Greasemonkey is your friend. :D

I've also noticed that the text entry box is now cursor and selection aware. When you add an icon, for example, it now goes at the insertion point, rather than at the end. You can also select text, and hit one of the attribute buttons (bold, for instance), and it puts bold tags around the selected text.

However, I really miss the drop-down navigation selector from the old forums. There doesn't seem to be any way to jump between forums now, without having to go back to the main page.

Edited by Prime Suspect

I like the Search Topic button.

What's the Guide Mode button do? :D:huh:

Me too. I thought I might be able to get some caching done :D . But now here I am back in the forums when I could be doing something more productive ;) . Besides I have acces to another IP or whatever they call it :D THough I have never used it, I even sent an e-mail to my local approver asking if I was in trouble again :D . I really have been trying to behave, honest I have. :lol:

THey are going to take some getting use to. It kind of looks like an e-mail page

Thanks for all the hard work, I am sure we will all get use to it soon enough.

I've also noticed that the text entry box is now cursor and selection aware. When you add an icon, for example, it now goes at the insertion point, rather than at the end. You can also select text, and hit one of the attribute buttons (bold, for instance), and it puts bold tags around the selected text.

That always worked like that for IE, just not in Firefox.

However, I really miss the drop-down navigation selector from the old forums. There doesn't seem to be any way to jump between forums now, without having to go back to the main page.

I've never used Greasemonkey before. What does it do?

I downloaded and installed Firefox, and downloaded the Greasemonkey file, but I can't find any way to install it, even using the instructions here. My browser doesn't have those options. :D

I've never used Greasemonkey before. What does it do?

I downloaded and installed Firefox, and downloaded the Greasemonkey file, but I can't find any way to install it, even using the instructions here. My browser doesn't have those options. :lol:

Ok...you have to click the "Install greasemonkey" link without opening it in a new window :huh: or using "Save target as..."

So, Greasemonkey is installed, now what do I do with it? :D

New forums look great. Is everyone else still getting a NullReferenceException on the main geocaching site when accessing the "Forums" link?

I sent an email via the "contact us" page yesterday advising the site maintainers they should really turn off remote errors. Stack traces in exception logs==bad.

Yes got that error all day today.. finally made it stop by clearing out my history in firefox.