Lowrance Ifinder Pro Sd Card Limits

I picked up a 512 meg SD card for my iFinder Pro and for whatever reason, it will not load the custom maps made with Map Create 6. The software creates the maps just find and loads them onto the card, but when I place the card into the GPS, I only have the basic built in map. The user manual states that the iFInder can handle up to 512 meg cards. I tried making on BIG map making 1 file, no go. Then tried making several smaller maps and the GPS will still not load up.

If the manual says 512 meg, why would it not work? Anyone else have this issue with the Lowrance iFinder Pro?

Dondo

My guess is you did not transfer the data from the PC to the card, thru the Lowrance card reader. You must do this the first time because Lowrance marks the Sd card thru the reader and allows only 5 cards to be marked. It appears that once the card is marked the first time, you then can load the card with maps via any card reader. I am waiting for my Expedition to be delivered so can't confirm this till mine arrives.