View All Waymarks In A Category.

In a recent thread a category owner is offering a prize to get their category to the top of the largest list. It got me interested in the categories with the most listings and while looking at them I noticed there is no way (as far as I can see) to see all of the listings. It appears to only show the 200 most recent. Is there something I'm missing?

PS: I would've searched but, well, you know.......

That was my impression too.

The Catagory Owner can see them all, but everyone else can only see the most recent 200.

Not complaining, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Supposedly, the idea of the Catagory is to list all of the items that fit the criteria. Then people should be able to visit all of the sites because they are interested in them.

So let's say someone was going on vacation to, oh I dunno, PENNSYLVANIA.

And they are really interested in something..... as an example HISTORICAL PLAQUES

A smart Waymarker would look at every entry, save the coordinates and visit every plaque during their vacation... probably plot an effective route, book hotels, research nearby restaurants (Maybe even a McDonald's along the way ;) too)

But if they can only see the most recent 200... there would be holes. There would be valid Waymarks left out, possibly the more interesting ones since I gather like in most things... the best ones get taken first. That would be like reading "War and Peace" with every 12th page torn out.

I can see why there is a cap (actually, I can't, but play along) if we are talking about an International level like EARTHCACHES, but for local ones that can easily exceed 200 it doesn't make a lot of sense.

The arguement also holds true for PLACING a new Waymark. Continuing with the previous example... let's say I live in Hershey PA.. There's gotta be a TON of plaques nearby, but I grew up in Philadelphia PA. So looking from Hershey I see the most recent 200 and plaques I know of from my childhood are not on the list (because they are outside the top 200 due to being early submissions in Waymarking). So I drive out to Waymark all of the Philly plaques, only to find out they were taking long ago, and bumped off the visible list because of a cap of 200.

I know, I know... if I had used the ORIGIN filter, I would have seen them... but I should be able to see them in the FULL list too.

:D The Blue Quasar (who is having too much fun, but at least I'm happy!)

Edit: additional

Yes I understand that I would be able to claim visits to the ones that I thought I could list. Yes, I understand the trip wouldn't be a waste of time either.

Edited by The Blue Quasar