National Muggler?

teameverest

I wen't to a cache in my local area and all that was left was a letter, and inside the letter it read

" You've been muggled

Signed,

TheMuggler "

Someone apparently is muggling caches on purpose here in Wisconsin

Has anyone nationwide heard of such a thing?

P.S. If this 'TheMuggler' is on Groundspeak please identify yourself :wacko:

Would you be able to prosecute such a thing in a court of law?

Edited by teameverest
I am TheMuggler.  :)  :wacko:

I thought this whole time it was you!! :lol:

Honestly, I don't think anyone that has posted in this thread would do that. I think that you have someone in the area that has found one,or stumbled across one and then decided to go online and see where more of these TREASURES are. So YES the person has an account with GC.com,and NO I have no other suggestions to offer. Sorry :lol:

I would be upset it someone was swiping ammo cans.... at what 3-5 bucks a pop?
It happens from time to time. In this case, I don't think it was someone who found it on accident and needed an ammo can to put their tools in. 'Muggler' is getting a little close to the geocaching lexicon. Edited by sbell111

It is a sad part of this hobby, it happens from time to time, now if it starts to become a very big problem in a certain area then Groundspeak can step in and takes some actions. There was a situation a few years ago that got really bad in a local area which lead to a rash of new virts being creating....i mean waymarkings now....once Groundspeak locked that account down it seemed to stop.

We had a notorious micro-hater from this area go into a Cracker Barrel with "info" on geocaching to give to the management and informed him that one of these (caches) might be in the front of the store. THE INFO HE GAVE THE MANAGEMENT WAS A CNN ARTICLE ON A CACHE BEING CONFUSED AS A BOMB. That's just about the worst cache sabotage (we have that too...targeted at specific cachers notorious for planting micros) I've ever heard.

It's one thing not to like micros because ou're afraid it will give the public the wrong idea of the sport, but to intentionally give the public this idea...that's scary, psychotic.

We had a notorious micro-hater from this area go into a Cracker Barrel with "info" on geocaching to give to the management and informed him that one of these (caches) might be in the front of the store.  THE INFO HE GAVE THE MANAGEMENT WAS A CNN ARTICLE ON A CACHE BEING CONFUSED AS A BOMB.  That's just about the worst cache sabotage (we have that too...targeted at specific cachers notorious for planting micros) I've ever heard.

It's one thing not to like micros because ou're afraid it will give the public the wrong idea of the sport, but to intentionally give the public this idea...that's scary, psychotic.

Hmm we may have to come up with an even nastier title than cache maggot for this kind of behavior.

How about he who shall not be named and will only allow us to play by his rules maggot? :lol::wacko:

Yes call the Missing Tupperwear division  :)

Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply from them. :lol: My first cache went missing, and they even left a ransom note using cut out magazine letters. :P To this day (3+ years later) I can't go to an event without wondering who it was and are they in the room with me. (well discounting the newer players of course)

We had a notorious micro-hater from this area go into a Cracker Barrel with "info" on geocaching to give to the management and informed him that one of these (caches) might be in the front of the store. THE INFO HE GAVE THE MANAGEMENT WAS A CNN ARTICLE ON A CACHE BEING CONFUSED AS A BOMB. That's just about the worst cache sabotage (we have that too...targeted at specific cachers notorious for planting micros) I've ever heard.

Stealing a container from the woods is bad, being a complete ah like this person was is HIGHLY uncalled for. If the man in the rocker on the sign has run off then maybe you should worry. Is it against the law to phone in or report a fake bomb threat?

When the maggot finally realizes that his little escapade is well ... kinda stupid. He'll go back to his mother's house where he lives and think of another way to accomplish world domination. :wacko:

You can only hope so, usaully stuff like this is child's play , but I dont see 14 year olds walking with GPSr's. Hard to believe an adult is going around muggling

but I dont see 14 year olds walking with GPSr's.

Watch what you are talking about :wacko: Well anyway your caches are still in one piece! We have some people in our area that will rip them to shreds and kick everything around. One note on a cache said:

Ha Ha Ha.  I will kill this just like I killed *&%$#@!^$^(name withheld

They turned it into the police for investigation. Nobody around here in Nj goes around destroying caches on purpose.

All potential suspects ;) .... This cowards pen name is "TheMuggler" and actually left a letter in a envelope where the ammo can resided. With someone like this, with that amount of time on ones hands, I wouldn't be suprised to see him post up pics of the cache and TB's with a lilttle plastic army guy holding a gun demanding ransom to return the cache and it's contents...

Is this just a friendly game gone bad? After Christmas was over, I'd considered being a "Grinch" and grabbing all 13 days of Chritmas/Caching caches series and leaving a note saying they'd been grinched and can be retrieved at the coordinates of a specific cache I knew the planter kept meaning to get to. I knew the cacher and thought this would be funny. (Because of the nature of the series, no one would be looking for the caches any time soon.)

Anyway, I caught wind of someone thinking of doing this EXACT thing, but for less friendly reasons so I quickly put the idea to rest.

Has TheMuggler given you coords and thinks that this might be a friendly side-game? Regardless, until this game becomes less hostile (in this area at least) I think that anything like that is a bad idea for the time being.

LOL teameverest I was just looking through some of your caches and noticed this log in Little Creek That Could

"May 1, 2005 by sweetlife (989 found)

First of all we are marking this one as a find. But we are writing the owners as note: We came here today to visit this cache and we noticed that it is not here"

Where do people get off marking a cache found when in fact they never did find it???? Its no wonder they have 989 finds ;)

Yes some people are in it for the numbers. We dont care how many caches we have or dont have. We like challenging caches, and also tend to hide them more then find them. I could care less if a cacher has a 1000. Just means 950 of those he stopped by a rest stop logged a plastic container in about 30 seconds.

TheMuggler left a ratty old glove proped with it's middle finger up, I don't think this is a side game.

TheMuggler left a ratty old glove proped with it's middle finger up, I don't think this is a side game.

Are you kidding me? I can't believe that anyone would do something so ridiculous to be threatening beyond the fourth grade. You're lucky that he didn't stick his tounge out at you too. :D

It is hard to believe! ;):D:D

<edited out image >

Edited by Moose Mob