Amusing Cache Story

penguin44

Last weekend my fiance and I here in Toronto did the 'Green with Envy' cache. Nothing too difficult with it, it was a great weekend for it. Last week in Jan and it was 13c! Anyway, we hunted for it around 10 minutes or so when I bent down to look at something and my cell popped out of my jacket and tumbled down the side of the hill about 10ft or so. I took one step and slipped in the mud which was covered by leaves. I slid and rolled about 40ft down and was stopped by a small tree. After 15 minutes climbing back up in my runners slipping everywhere, as I popped my head over the top of the hill, i was staring right at the cache! So I did find it, it just took a detour to get it.

I had a cache experience this past December that made me giggle. We were hunting it in the dark, and the snow was somewhat deep. You couldn't really see what was in front of you -- or rather what the terrain was actually like under the snow. I took a step and went down into the snow to my knee. Since I had a flashlight in one hand and my GPS in the other, I couldn't brace myself for the resulting fall, in which I went face first into the snow. It was funny, and thankfully didn't hurt, but it was tricky getting up again!

Bec