Fox-and-the-hound Coin

fox-and-the-hound

Wooohoooo!!!! :laughing::lol::lol: It's our proof photo at last. Thanks for all the support so far, we're just waiting for info on sale dates and such and hopefully we'll have that info quickly.

FoxCoinProof.jpg

:lol:

The coin looks FANTASTIC, and I truly hate to bring up an error...but they didn't put the degree symbols in the correct places as was suggested here earlier.

N° 41 34.324 should be N 41° 34.324

EDIT: My "degree" symbols may or may not show up correctly in this text block (on a Mac), but you prolly get what I mean.

I suppose it's not all that noticeable, and geocachers still get the gist. If they were to charge to change the dies, I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by YemonYime

Yeah :lol: someone caught that before after we'd already approved the final work for the dies in our excitement. I hope everyone will understand. I designed it in the evening hours after work and didn't have my GPSr with me reference and it didn't occur to me at all until someone remarked on it later. The coords are for the town square and home base for our cache outings. It's also a good reference for someone to search for our cache coords! So I (Hound) will have to take the heat for that one! :laughing: Happy Caching!

;):blink::blink: It's Official!!! Mike has posted our coin at the geocoinstore and the countdown begins. Thank you so much to everyone for the encouragement in making this happen. We hope you're as happy as we are with the results. Attaching the link below and have a few new details:

Diameter: 1.5 inches

Shape: Round

Thickness: 3.5mm

Finish: Frosted Gold

Trackable with Custom Icon: Yes

Times are in US Eastern timezone

3/10/2006 9:30:00 PM

3/11/2006 12:30:00 PM

http://www.geocoinstore.com/viewfullcoinde...n.php?coinid=36

storeproof.jpg

Tonights the night! It's finally up for grabs at the geocoinstore (link just above) tonight at 9:30 (eastern) and we're hoping everyone is happy with the design. We included our story in the description, but we want to thank everyone for their feedback and support during this project. It seems like it's been forever since we started so we're hopping up down over here in NEPA :wub: Can't wait to see the icons starting to show up in people's profiles! We'll update soon and thanks again! - Fox & The Hound

Tonights the night! It's finally up for grabs at the geocoinstore (link just above) tonight at 9:30 (eastern) and we're hoping everyone is happy with the design. We included our story in the description, but we want to thank everyone for their feedback and support during this project. It seems like it's been forever since we started so we're hopping up down over here in NEPA :wub: Can't wait to see the icons starting to show up in people's profiles! We'll update soon and thanks again! - Fox & The Hound

Holy cow! I managed to order 4, and then the coin wasn't on sale anymore! How long did it actually last? By the time I'd Paypal'd, it was up top again.

Ordered and paid for 4, BTW. Nice coin.

:):):(

Arrrg!

Had to run my daughter's friend home and go by the grocery store.

Stupid people! Everyone went at the same time, I think. And the guy in front of me had to send his daughter out to the car to get his ID so he could buy beer, while we all waited. :wub::unsure:

Didn't get back in until after tonights share was gone and then not going to be home for tomorrow's sale either! :wub:

Maybe I'll get lucky and catch one that's not claimed if they pop back up, like they do on this site sometimes. :(

D-man :(

Fast fingers got me in for 3. Definitely made it worth coming home from Friday Night Happy Hour. Jesh ... coming home to order coins versus coctails??... Six months ago not a single person I know would have thought I would have picked coins to be the answer? probably myself included :wub:

I just bought one and I didn't pay attention to any of the sale times lol. Right place at the right time, I guess.

Me too! Was busy in my garage and happened to log in on my laptop and noticed these were on sale so bought me one. Then I read where several people had missed out apparently last night. Glad they opened up sales again tonight so I didn't miss out. This looks like one of favorite so far so I'm anxious for it to arrive.