Looking To Put Together A Team For Gw4

neoncacher

I am looking for a few brave souls who would be willing to join a team that is going to attempt to set a new world recocd for the most caches in a 24 hour period, probably sometime the week before GeoWoodstock 4. So far it is myself, NEONCACHER and Tim, from the Brown Family, from Florida. If interested please contact me through here or through the Geocaching site, look up NEONCACHER. Thanks for any and all inquires and I hope to hear from you soon. Thanx NEONCACHER :o

The current record is 263 caches in 24 hours, set by GeoPirat and Huskie, who came over from Germany to achieve that feat just before GeoWoodstock III in Jacksonville, Florida. I had the pleasure of congratulating them personally on the accomplishment.

My own team's record was a measly 240 caches, set in Nashville Tennessee right after GW II. Perhaps if we hadn't spent two hours having dinner at Hooters, we would have found some more. At least there was one in the Hooters parking lot.

Perhaps if we hadn't spent two hours having dinner at Hooters, we would have found some more. At least there was one in the Hooters parking lot.

Judging from this, and the article I linked to above, it sounds like eating at restaurants might not be the way to go if on a world-record run.

Good luck with that; you might want to start training now. Spend a weekend or at least a full day in a cache dense area, tryiong to get 50+ in an afternoon. Practice some good routing and some sprints too. :wacko: And yes, stay away from Hooters during the record run, save it for the celebration afterwards.

I'm tempted to add my name to that record attempt, but will be in town for almost a week. I'm not sure I want to spend the next day sleeping it off and missing out on another 120+ finds and the fun of that day. :lol: