Loggerhead's Geocoin

Mr & Mrs Loggerhead

I have a limited number to trade and its approaching that number quickly. If you want to trade e-mail me and if I still have some I can reserve it for you. Limit one on trades.

Have sold 250 in the past 12 hours. Should be close to sold out this evening sometime. I'm saving 25 to go into 2006 sets. We are planning two more variations and hopefully we'll get the price down with a few less colors.

I know it's expensive but when they hit ebay, who knows. The Tornado Coin went for $47.00 yesterday.

Insurnace is required because when the NC Geocoins were shipped several packages reached the destination and were cut open and coins were gone. Several packages to the same address. I will (would) not replace without insurance. This way it covers both of us.

Thanks for all that have looked and ordered. Cache on!!!

Mr Loggerhead :wacko:

I have a limited number to trade and its approaching that number quickly.  If you want to trade e-mail me and if I still have some I can reserve it for you. Limit one on trades.

Have sold 250 in the past 12 hours. Should be close to sold out this evening sometime. I'm saving 25 to go into 2006 sets. We are planning two more variations and hopefully we'll get the price down with a few less colors.

I know it's expensive but when they hit ebay, who knows. The Tornado Coin went for $47.00 yesterday.

Insurnace is required because when the NC Geocoins were shipped several packages reached the destination and were cut open and coins were gone. Several packages to the same address. I will (would) not replace without insurance. This way it covers both of us.

Thanks for all that have looked and ordered. Cache on!!!

Mr Loggerhead :wacko:

I know it's your coin and you are the one who decides how much you are going to charge, but I just want something clarified.

Are you saying that in a way, because some coins get sold on e-bay, the prices that you will be selling your coins will somehow reflect the going prices over there? :lol: You suggested the price someone got for the Tornado as an example.

If this is the case, I think this would definitely be the end of my collecting hobby. I think I am not the only one who thinks like that. :lol::)

I know it's your coin and you are the one who decides how much you are going to charge, but I just want something clarified.

Are you saying that in a way, because some coins get sold on e-bay, the prices that you will be selling your coins will somehow reflect the going prices over there? :lol: You suggested the price someone got for the Tornado as an example.

If this is the case, I think this would definitely be the end of my collecting hobby. I think I am not the only one who thinks like that. :lol::wacko:

Even with 11 colors, glow in the dark paint, epoxy, and 1-7/8 size, I still don't see how $12.95 is a good price.

And, since it appears to me that the price is based on possible e-place sales in the future, I'm also gonna pass.

I certainly don't begrudge anyone making some profit on their coin, but this seems a bit unreasonable.

I know what I have in the coin and to have it trackable with a custom icon adds to the cost. The more intricate these designs become will only increase the cost. Also this was my money and not a group effort so I have to make sure to recoup my cost.

We knew this coin wouldn't be for everyone but for the ones that would like one we have made it available. I figured long ago that you can't please everyone. If we would of charged cost someone would of complained as well.

Anyone who has minted their own knows the cost involved wether it be designing cost, minting, geocaching.com fees, shipping supplies, etc. All of which I had.

I was just listing ebay and the Tornado as an example. I want pay that much for one either but whatever the market bears will dictate those cost.

That's another reason I limited the amount to one address. I didn't want to see hundreds on ebay no matter what they sold for. I had to go to ebay to purchase my own state organization coin becasue I missed the announcement.

Also on the true geocoin definition I made: That was partly in jest so don't hang me for that. I'm all for icons and finds on my geocaching stats, that was the reason for my comment. I do trade for non-tackable coins as well.

For the ones that want our coin, we thank you!!! For the ones that don't, we thank you as well. That's what our boys are fighting for, FREEDOM!!!

Mr L :wacko:

PS: I have one on ebay now. That is the only one I plan to put there for now and would rather sale them all now.

Edited by Mr & Mrs. Loggerhead

When I first saw the price of the coin, I was not happy and I thought what a con. Than I went to the webpage, this coin is beautiful and if the picture does it any justice it is a coin that I won't let out of my sight.

I think people would be amazed at how much the coins on these forums are being marked up. All these coins are making a profit for the sellers not just this coin and I would guess the profit margin isn't that far off the coins listed in the geocoin forums. I went to a website recently to figure out how much I was going to have to pay to have my coin made. When I figured out the price, I also figured out that people are making a pretty good profit off these coins but I want this coin so I will pay the price.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get past the coin limit. :wacko:

Edited by LadeBear68
I know what I have in the coin and to have it trackable with a custom icon adds to the cost. The more intricate these designs become will only increase the cost. Also this was my money and not a group effort so I have to make sure to recoup my cost.

We knew this coin wouldn't be for everyone but for the ones that would like one we have made it available. I figured long ago that you can't please everyone. If we would of charged cost someone would of complained as well.

Anyone who has minted their own knows the cost involved wether it be designing cost, minting, geocaching.com fees, shipping supplies, etc. All of which I had.

I was just listing ebay and the Tornado as an example. I want pay that much for one either but whatever the market bears will dictate those cost.

That's another reason I limited the amount to one address. I didn't want to see hundreds on ebay no matter what they sold for. I had to go to ebay to purchase my own state organization coin becasue I missed the announcement.

Also on the true geocoin definition I made: That was partly in jest so don't hang me for that. I'm all for icons and finds on my geocaching stats, that was the reason for my comment. I do trade for non-tackable coins as well.

For the ones that want our coin, we thank you!!! For the ones that don't, we thank you as well. That's what our boys are fighting for, FREEDOM!!!

PS: I have one on ebay now. That is the only one I plan to put there for now and would rather sale them all now.

I know you have a fancy coin design and added colors and tracking numbers and all the bells and whistles. You are entitled to sell your coin like everyone else.

What I don't understand and was referring to, was the fact that you pointed out that certain coins are selling for very high prices and for that reason, this was a bargain.

If you want to sell them over there, no one is going to stop you from doing that. But what I was pointing out was, that there is a point where I (myself) will put a stop to buying, if all coins hit an unacceptable level. If a coin is missed and the only way left to get one is to buy it over there, that's different, that is your choice, but to point out what the possible prices would go for "if" you sold them over there, then I think it was a reasonnable question for me to ask.

I am not trying to put you down or offend you, I just wanted a clarification, that's all. I still think you have a very nice coin.

When I first saw the price of the coin, I was not happy and I thought what a con. Than I went to the webpage, this coin is beautiful and if the picture does it any justice it is a coin that I won't let out of my site.

Stop making me want this one. The lizrd... must... resist... Your justification is too much for my pocketbook.

Oooo... I made the rules of how many I would buy. Doesn't mean I can't break 'em. hmmm...

I was not offended at all and appreciate any praise or criticism. It will help make decisions on future coins.

Also all questions are reasonable and welcomed.

Also on another post it was about $3.00 for shipping. That includes $1.35 for insurance, bubble envelope and postage. Everyone complains about the insurance but would be the first to complain if their item didn't arrive safe and sound. Plus I wasn't sure if I would have enough of coins to replace any lost in the mail.

Once again, Cache on!!!

So . . . I bit and bought because it is a really great looking coin, but I know quite about about what the incremental costs are to add extra colors and such. They are pennies a coin not dollars a coin, so . . . Loggerhead's making big bank on this coin. . . . or being taken advantage of by the coin maker (which I doubt). But, why did I buy? Two reasons: Honestly liked the coin; Think I can make big bank on the second on on e-bay. :wacko::lol:

I used a very handy dandy online interactive coin making worksheet for a particular minter and using your specs, colors, epoxy, icon, tracking etc. came with a nice little per cost number so perhaps the minter is a bit heavy handed in the pricing? Just a suggestion or actually a comment..

Of course it is your coin and a very unique one indeed so despite complaints and not making everyone happy, it seems to be doing well anyways.

Edited by GeoBrowns
I used a very handy dandy online interactive coin making worksheet for a particular minter and using your specs, colors, epoxy, icon, tracking etc. came with a nice little per cost number so perhaps the minter is a bit heavy handed in the pricing? Just a suggestion or actually a comment..

Of course it is your coin and a very unique one indeed so despite complaints and not making everyone happy, it seems to be doing well anyways.

I think what everyone if forgetting here is that the 100 or so they're keeping for trades and caches are being paid for by the other 400. So if you have a coin that costs $6.50 or $7.00 from the minter and need to pay for 100 for yourself so they're free, you'll end up with a substantially higher priced coin.

I think what everyone if forgetting here is that the 100 or so they're keeping for trades and caches are being paid for by the other 400. So if you have a coin that costs $6.50 or $7.00 from the minter and need to pay for 100 for yourself so they're free, you'll end up with a substantially higher priced coin.

I usually just do a little quick math...

lets say he paid $7.00 per coin from the minter (which sounds pretty high) multiply by 500 coins is.. $3500 he paid...

then he's charging $12.95 per coin x 500 = $6475 (not including shipping)

hmmm... yeah he got his 100 coins paid for and then some.....

I'm not complaining, I didn't buy one. He did extremely well and I tip my hat to him. I also believe if he had charged $25.00 per coin, you'd still see people messaging... "paypal sent!"

you should be saying ca$he on! :wacko:

There is, apparently, still a market for high priced coins. :wacko: As far as minting, shipping, packaging costs are concerned, Mystery Ink and I sold the DNF coins for $5 each ($6 for the LE), ended up with some extras for each of us and we broke about even. Our's weren't trackable, so you'd have to add $1.50 (maybe closer to $2 with a custom icon). That would make them around $7 and we still would have came away with a few coins (100 or so). Either the minter you chose is rediculously expensive or you are making a large percentage of profit per coin. I really don't think it's any thing to worry about, since you seem to have sold as many as you wanted. I wasn't complaining, but just wanted to post that I think it's possible to sell a $7 trackable custom icon coin and sell it without losing money.

--Marky

I was not offended at all and appreciate any praise or criticism. It will help make decisions on future coins.

Once again, Cache on!!!

Mr L ;)

Make no mistake, I think your coin is outstanding. It's just more than I'm willing to pay.

And, referring to an earlier post of yours, I do understand the costs involved with making these things.

I am producing, as we type, 3 seperate coin series and an event coin. I have produced a high-end personal, and two event coins. I'm not bragging, cuz this is a ton of work, especially for the Missus. Rather, I say this so that you'll understand why I understand.

I hope you have great success with your coin. It's a doozy.

So . . . I bit and bought because it is a really great looking coin, but I know quite about about what the incremental costs are to add extra colors and such. They are pennies a coin not dollars a coin, so . . . Loggerhead's making big bank on this coin. . . . or being taken advantage of by the coin maker (which I doubt). But, why did I buy? Two reasons: Honestly liked the coin; Think I can make big bank on the second on on e-bay. :D;)

Mmmmm already on that e site!

BTW Loggerhead, nice comments on your designer and minter that was classy! And thanks for visiting my Turtle Hospital Virt on Topsail Island!

PP for 2 TY

You are comparing a DNF coin to this one and you think that the prices should be comparable?

That's not really what I meant. I was really just saying that I could take this artwork and mint a coin of comparable quality, sell it for $7 a coin and not lose money. Maybe I'm wrong. ;)

--Marky

We have 86 Loggerhead Geocoins left for sale! We have also met our trade limit of 60 coins! Anyone that has already ordered (TWO) coins can order up to (two) 2 additional coins and have them shipped with their previous order for no addtional shipping charges. If you want more than two addtional coins we will charge $.63 for each addtional coin.

If you're interested please send me an e-mail with your information on your previous order and I will send you a Paypal invoice for just the cost of the coins ($12.95 each).

Thanks to all that have ordered.

Mr & Mrs. Loggerhead :ph34r:

Loggerhead's Geocoin Website

Edited by Mr & Mrs. Loggerhead
This coin cost $2.95 more than the Signal Frog coin on GeoCoinstore.com
Having someone - gcstore or whoever - do all of the coin production and labour for you adds to the cost.

Marky and others (including myself) can sell coins cheaper because we do the initial design, fart around with the manufacturer, and package and ship coins ourselves. If you outsource those tasks you're bound to have a more expensive coin. B)

The Loggerhead's have arrived!!!! They look better than I could ever have imagined!!! Shipped out 35 international packages today and a few US. More will go out tomorrow and expect to have all order shipped by Tuesday! Post Office closed on Monday.

Thanks to all that have purchased and look for the Baby Loggerhead coming soon!

Mr & Mrs Loggerhead :laughing:

My Webpage