If The 60csx And The 76csx .......

zeide

both have removable memory (virtually unlimited), other than the 76 float and the

buttons are on the top, why would one spend the extra money for the 76. Something

that I don't seem to grasp. With the non x versions the 76 had double the memory

but now with removable memory what truly is the difference, other than the above?

Zeide

I would say that even in the non-x units, the deciding factor for many people was the form factor. Some people prefer "graphing calculator" to "baked potato" in their hands. In the non-x units, the basemap in the 76 was a little better (13MB instead of 8MB in the 60). Not sure what basemaps they are including with the x units.

Interesting to say the least. With the CS models you were getting 115meg internal

map memory in the 76cs as opposed to 56 or so meg in the 60cs. That would seem

to be the biggest reason the 76 was more expensive. Now with the new x series

the map memory is identical if identical cards are used so I fail to see the extra 50-100

dollar cost for the 76x series just because it floats or the position of the buttons.

Personally I have a GPSmap76c and I love it. Not sure I would spend new money for

a quicker bird capture but then that is just me. Thanks for the responses. Zeide.

The floating factor is not that big of a deal to me, then again it would be if I dropped it in the water :D but the layout is. To me the 60 series is harder to use one handed because the buttons are all at the bottom of the unit, with the 76 series it sits very nice in the hand while being able to get to all the buttons.

Before the "x" series came out the 60cs had half as much memory as the 76cs, so that was probably the big point, also I believe the basemap is/was better on the 76 series.

Now with the cards I'd guess the main factor is the floating ability and to some the marine basemap. The 76csx comes with a 128 meg card and the 60csx only a 64 meg card. Otherwise the product comparison features are identical.