Requests For Coin Activation Codes.

2Dolphins

Hey everyone,

We have recently been inundated with email messages from people who have purchased or traded for Delaware Geocoins and were not given the coin activation number. Should we give these people the activation codes or do what we have been doing which is request that the original owner send us email requesting the code.

Our concern is one of security, what if someone sees a coin in someone’s collection, remembers the number and then asks us for the code to activate, how do we know they are legit?

I am just interested in everyone’s opinion on this, is this happening to everyone else who sold coins?

2Dolphins

For future reference the code should either be on a site that will last a long time, or inside the coin bag/baggie with the coin itself. Not loose, Not taped (though that's better than loose) to the outside to be destroyed when some people tape all that to something else for misapplication of the Sissy shipping method.

I've got more than a few unactivated coins with no code, lost costs, codes on cards that are in the pile (but not with the coin) and so on. It gets to be a mess.

In your case I think your idea on Security is fair enough. You can be nice and send the code but the reason for the code to begin with is that a random person can't activate the coin.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I like the ease of pulling up activation codes from web pages

like from HERE

the buyer does not have to save all the wrappers.

coin flips, the Cheapo wrapper that the coin flip was in, peice of cardboard, piece of bubblemailer it's stuck to, loose pieces of paper...ect

the shipper Wont have to sort and tag over 1000 individual coins

and reply to many many emails asking for activation codes

plus you wont be searching for activation codes 5 years from now.

I say give'm the activation code.

then use an activation code retrieval service if possible. Popcorn.gif