Geocoin Donation

avroair

Last Friday, the Northern New Jersey Geocachers group were shocked and saddened by the news that Helmut Mueller has passed away.

Helmut, the patriarch of the Skully and Mulder et al team, suffered a heart attack. Besides being an outstanding husband and father, Helmut was an avid geocacher and pioneer in New Jersey since early 2001. He was elected as our first NNJC President.

A regional Northeast thread was started, but i am writing here to see if anyone is interested and willing to donate a geocoin to be posted on ebay (or you can post it yourself) with the sale going to a trust fund set up for his three daughters. I have found that the geocaching community is one of the most giving groups I have ever been associated with and would be a small, kind gesture.

Information is posted: here

I apologize ahead of time if some people feel this post is inappropriate for this forum.

Mark

Avroair

Edited by avroair
avroair Posted on Feb 1 2006, 12:08 PM

In lieu (or in addition) to a cash donation, NNJC is also raising money through geocoin donations. We will post these on ebay with the proceeds going towards the fund. So if you would rather donate extra unactivated coins you might have, you can mail them to:

NNJC - Mueller Fund

PO Box 2205

West Paterson, NJ 07424

United States

Thank you for your kindness,

Mark

Avroair

from one of the other threads that directs you here.

I will be sending a Maryland and one of my personal coins

If enough coins are donated you might consider selling them as a collection.

This is a great idea to help out.

Yeah, that's a good idea and why I was thinking of mailing a few coins rather than ebaying them myself for the charity.

Tried to email you back Avroair and realized there was no return addy in the message. I'll know by the weekend which way I'll help out. Right now I'm thinking of sending a few coins.

Last Friday, the Northern New Jersey Geocachers group were shocked and saddened by the news that Helmut Mueller has passed away.

The Delaware Geocaching club is going to send a DelUgly coin for the cause. This coin is very rare as it is part of the 3 coin set for 2005 and there were only 120 minted, NONE have been sold or traded as of yet.

I will also send one of my personal Version 1 2Dolphins geocoins that I just bought back from someone who was holding it.

I really think this is an excellent cause, please send me the address to send the coins too.

2Dolphins

I took a look through my coin collection to see what I might have that I could donate to this good cause. I met Helmet and his family at a couple events and I know how much he will be missed by his family and friends. I will be mailing the following coins to the address above. When my JungleGarmin coins come in, I will send or eBay one of those as well.

Here's what I'm sending:

LIGO - Gold (100 minted)

Emerald Valley Cachers - Copper (100 minted)

2006 Pennsylvania (NWPA) - Copper (I believe only 25 minted)

European Union

2005 Iowa

2006 North Carolina

Ontario - Silver

plus (3) Geocoin Addicts Anonymous

edit: to clarify metal version

Edited by junglehair

My heart goes out to the Mueller family, and my prayers are with them.

This coin collection for auction is a wonderful idea, and I am mailing tomorrow:

Washington 2005

UK 2005

Yosemite bronze

Thanks, avroair, for letting us know and suggesting this great way of helping the family.

Peace,

Abby

I took a look through my coin collection to see what I might have that I could donate to this good cause. I met Helmet and his family at a couple events and I know how much he will be missed by his family and friends. I will be mailing the following coins to the address above. When my JungleGarmin coins come in, I will send or eBay one of those as well.

Here's what I'm sending:

LIGO - Gold (100 minted)

Emerald Valley Cachers - Copper (100 minted)

2006 Pennsylvania - Copper (I believe only 25 minted)

European Union

2005 Iowa

2006 North Carolina

Ontario

plus (3) Geocoin Addicts Anonymous

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

I apologize ahead of time if some people feel this post is inappropriate for this forum.

Mark

Avroair

I don't think there is any need to apologize. This thread highlights one of the positive things about the recent Geocoin Forum policy changes: in this forum it is fine to talk about charity auctions of trackable geocoins. This is a terrific project.

As a volunteer cache reviewer for the State of Ohio, I happen to have a few extra Ohio 2005 geocoins sitting around. I will send one of them along to the PO Box address since I did not see one of these coins listed in any of the other posts.

I will send a CAC (Calgary Area Cachers) 2005 coin tomorrow. I will send a GAS (Geocaching Alberta South) coin when they are received.

I thought I saw an address in an earlier post, I will be sending the CAC coin (#564) tomorrow since I don't know when the GAS geocoin will be ready.

I know it isn't much but I am glad I have something to give and I am glad you started this thread so I could help. Snoogans always says "I never met a geocacher I didn't like" and I am thinking that THIS might be a rule rather than a guideline.

It is a good thing this community stuff, eh avroair ?

avroair Posted on Feb 1 2006, 12:08 PM

In lieu (or in addition) to a cash donation, NNJC is also raising money through geocoin donations. We will post these on ebay with the proceeds going towards the fund. So if you would rather donate extra unactivated coins you might have, you can mail them to:

NNJC - Mueller Fund

PO Box 2205

West Paterson, NJ 07424

United States

Thank you for your kindness,

Mark

Avroair

from one of the other threads that directs you here.

I will be sending a Maryland and one of my personal coins

This is a great idea to help out.

Bump

Here is the address for those who need it.

Way to go LFD.

I saw the black avatar of briansnat, one of my guiding lights as far as caching goes and found this thread that way.

Mark, you are such a great guy. Does Rose know she married such a one-of-a-kind? Thanks for putting this thread together. Helmut would have been doing the same for you, dude! Anyway, I posted a note trying to see if I can un-register my coin I had promised to give to Helmut after your Joker's event. I tried to find him at your G.O.N.E. event, but I missed him. I originally thought I'd put that coin into circulation in memory of Helmut, but I really want it to be a fund-raiser for Liz and the girls. It's a Geowoodstock III coin. It still has Helmut's name on it. I will send it to the Mueller fund address so that you can manage it. It has all the codes on it. You're great! God bless you!

Caroline,

MommieMogger

Thank you for everyones kindness.

I will be adding the following unactivated coins:

1. Rose and Ray (if i can find the owners to notify them)

2. Finland

3. Twas the night Before Xmas (i was fortunate to recieve 3 of these from people) :o

4. Seven Summits Everest

5. San Francisco

6. LIGO LE gold

7. Ontario

8. EU

9. Original Avroair 2003 geocoin (I only got two left, but who needs two!)

:o The address one more time:

NNJC - Mueller Fund

PO Box 2205

West Paterson, NJ 07424

United States

Mark

Avroair