Tftc Coins - Have You Gotten Yours?

teamcarramrod1

Has anyone on here recieved TFTC coins that were on Ebay. I bought a couple and haven't gotten them while others left feedback shortly after.

I emailed the seller and they "forgot" to put in the description that they didn't have them in hand at the time. They admitted that it may have been misleading so I let it fly.

I don't want to accuse the seller but I'd like to have my coins that said ships in 2-9 days in the description. Nobody has left negative feedback on this issue so it makes me wonder what's up.

On the same note, has anyone recieved Illinois coins? How long did it take to get USA coins?

Shipping, payment details and return policy 

Shipping Cost      Services Available                  Service Transit Time*

US $2.50US        Postal Service Parcel Post®    Estimated delivery 2-9 days

*Sellers are not responsible for service transit time. Transit times are provided by the carrier, exclude weekends and holidays, and may vary with package origin and destination, particularly during peak periods.

The auction never said 2-9 days that information comes from eBay and the USPS. They will be here soon.

I think the USA had to reorder and it may be a few weeks to get them.

When I bought mine I had no idea it was a presale. But I emailed last week and they were prompt to get back to me and let me know it was a presale.

I have come to terms with having to wait for weeks for my coins. I don't like it but thats the way it is.

In a perfect world we would all have 5 grand laying around to pre make the coins. But I think that the people that "did" have the 5 grand...spent them on coins lol.

I tend to agree, this is a bit out of hand. The e-*** auction said nothing about it being pre-order, and I do not remember the original thread saying it was pre-order, although I am not even sure if I saw the original thread since threads were removed.

I am glad some of you were able to get replies from the seller, as I am still waiting which makes it worse on my end. I now have a really bad taste for this seller since I have been waiting for a reply for over a week.

I do not have a problem with pre-sales, I have bought in on a few of them, although good seller to buyer communication is the key. I have heard back from each and every other coin seller on every pre-sell I have been in, with out me having to e-mail and ask.

Yeah, I'll bet the seller has gotten a ton of emails. I'm sure it was an honest mistake but let this be a lesson to all sellers that just because people on here know it's a pre-sale doesn't mean we are the only people who will buy. Surely ebay has some sort of group email to buyers?

Again, I'm sure it was an honest mistake and I'm satisfied with waiting since they seem to have a good rep. on here.

I think it's good that it was brought to attention on here so maybe it'll save some future sellers some headaches.

Has anyone on here recieved TFTC coins that were on Ebay. I bought a couple and haven't gotten them while others left feedback shortly after.

I emailed the seller and they "forgot" to put in the description that they didn't have them in hand at the time. They admitted that it may have been misleading so I let it fly.

I don't want to accuse the seller but I'd like to have my coins that said ships in 2-9 days in the description. Nobody has left negative feedback on this issue so it makes me wonder what's up.

On the same note, has anyone recieved Illinois coins? How long did it take to get USA coins?

I had the same questions as you, though I did receive an email reply from the seller. The part that I thought was REALLY weird was how some people have left positive feedback regarding actually receiving the coins (see some of the sellers recent feedback). I asked about this in my email, but the seller said they didn't know what I was talking about. I also didn't realize it was a presale.

Hi,

Although some people have given positive feedback thanking me for the coins, they have not arrived at my house yet, much less shipped to people (I don't know why people would do that, but people do all sorts of things I don't understand).

I am sorry for not making it clear in the listing that they were not already made, but were in the production process...I am still a newbie in the coin-making world, and hope people will forgive me for an innocent mistake.

As soon as they arrive, I'm hoping on/around the 15th, I will post here that they have arrived, and then ship them ASAP.

I already have shipping envelopes and labels ready to go, so it should (fingers crossed) be just a matter of putting the coins into envelopes and sending them on their merry way.

I got a ton of emails since the auction ended, and I tried to answer all of them, but if I missed you or someone you know I apologize...both for not getting back, and for the worry it must have caused you.

I am not a scammer, just inexperienced at the making and selling of geocoins...I don't know if I will ever make any other coins, but if so, I will do some things differently.

Here are some pics of the coin proofs, which I approved last week...I think they look great, and hope you do too.

tftcfront.jpg

tftcback.jpg

If you have questions, problems, complaints, please feel free to get in touch with me.

Jamie Sheffield, aka NFA

jsheffield@gmail.com

ps - in semi-related news, the NFA personal geocoins went through about eight sets of proofs with the coin manufacturer before they refused ( :D ) to do any more iterations...the coin middle-man I have been using kindly agreed to pull the coin-job from this manufacturer and go with another one (the one who is making the TFTC geocoins)...to make a long story medium-length, the artwork is still in process with the new manufacturer, so I do not have a shipping date for them, but will post here (with pics) as soon as I know anything.

Edited by NFA

We ran into an issue with PayPal when we sold the New York coins. Apparently they won't let you use their service to do presales. We had to fight with them to release the funds to us so we could pay for the coins. Another coin (I don't recall which off hand) ran into this same problem and ended up having to refund all the sales, and then sell them again when the coins were made.

It was actually a pretty wise move on Jamie's part not to list that in the eBay description. He may or may not have mentioned it here when he listed the coins for sale - I don't remember. I just know that GC deleted his post right away due to their new geocoin guidelines.

Thanks, Jamie, for the update! The pictures are great!

By the way, I saw that you released one of the NY coins in the Bahamas! Congrats! I don't think I could be so unselfish with my NY coin!

~gg

I still have one left :ph34r:

Although I am a bit worried that it may have already gone missing...we'll see...

Jamie

Hi,

Just another update...the coins arrival date has been pushed back again...sigh...

I'm so sorry to all of the people who ordered these...I thought the whole process would be quicker.

The negative and threatening emails are getting me down, but I guess that's part of the gig...I understand why people are anxious to receive their geocoins. I assumed that that the pre-sale was how people did their geocoin sales, as I didn't (don't) have a couple of thousand extra dollars to front for the coins in the hope that they would sell...at any rate, I apologize to any people who feel that they were misled, that was certainly not my intent.

The instant the TFTC coins arrive, I will post here, and confirm that they are all going into the packages...labels are printed and on the shipping envelopes...waiting...

Jamie

Edited by NFA

By no means do not let it get you down. Just readjust your thinking and say "lesson learned." Most coins I have ordered were presales...most of which have not arrived yet...even from the store. I guess what initially caught me was that it was not listed as a presale... but then, no worries.

I am always reminded of a Candid Camera show where they posed a store that quit using pennies. (Here n the base only the PO uses pennies.) Most people were upset except one guy, who when he was asked if it bothered him, replied to the effect that if we worried about the little things such as pennies we can easily get dragged down. Life is too short to worry about pennies. No worries.

I wouldn't let those people get you down. Every coin I think I've ever gotten has been a pre-sale and I had to wait. Some I waited probably 4 months before they arrived.

Don't let it get you down NFA, pre-sales are the name of the game. That also accounts for the 77 coins I'm waiting for at the tune of $706.21 and some as far back as Wyoming which I paid for on 11/25/2005.

yes, so i have been finding out. I thought a few of my purchases were not though, most pretty much are clear about the situation. I just had to remind myself what coins I have bought and this happened to be one of them.

I have seen 1 coin in my first 110 cache finds. I'm just getting a bit ansy to recieve some I bought so I can get them out into some caches. I have started hiding caches (my first one out there is GCTFG5) so obviously it would be great to have a coin to get in there for FTFs.

I'm ok with the situation. Just needed to let off a teeny weeny vent. No flames just minor steam. :D

TFTB (Thanks for the Bump).

I hadn't read this thread before today, and I feel the need to publicly apologize for leaving a negative feedback on this sale. While the feedback was classified as negative, my comments were (I feel) fairly neutral, along the lines of "Ordered 5 weeks ago, no coins, no response to email". Now that I know the whole story, I can sympathize with you, and I'm sorry for my uninformed feedback. I'm pretty sure I can't change my feedback (I would if I could), and I wanted you to know that I'm sorry and will be more diligent in getting the entire story first.

Joe

The Fun Group

I imagine it is the eBayers who were complaining. : )

I love eBay (yes I freely admit it.) I buy on it. I sell on it. I have firsthand knowledge from both views...eBayers tend to not read. Folks here in the forums know all about the pre-order game. eBayers do not. Again, read.

Don't let it get you down. They will be just as happy when the coins arrive.

~gg

The UPS guy just dropped off 2 heavy boxes of TFTC geocoins on my doorstep.

I will start working to get them into the mailers, and will post here again the day I ship them.

Thanks to everyone for their patience with this, please be patient for just a bit longer while they get into their mailers and to the PO (remember...I have a job and a 3 year-old and am doing this by myself).

Jamie

The UPS guy just dropped off 2 heavy boxes of TFTC geocoins on my doorstep.

I will start working to get them into the mailers, and will post here again the day I ship them.

Thanks to everyone for their patience with this, please be patient for just a bit longer while they get into their mailers and to the PO (remember...I have a job and a 3 year-old and am doing this by myself).

Jamie

Fantastic news Jamie.

I have two suggestions for you.

1. Put the 3 year old to work. :P

2. You can also post to this thread about your shipping date when it happens.

As per Eartha's (I can't stop adding Kitt in my head...) suggestions I will:

• put Ben to work helping me load the mailers...anyone who gets chewed/licked coins, broken mctoys, cheerio/goldfish residue in their mailers can direct comments to Eartha... :P
  • post to the shipping thread when I ship them out

If you didn't get a chance to get one of these, you can either come to upstate NY and go caching behind me or do the same in Nevada and Arizona when I go there in April.

Thanks for the help, feedback, suggestions, and above all...patience...I very much appreciate it from everyone!

Jamie

Edited by NFA

THANKS, JAMIE!

As for your kid, sure hope he can count! :P (not being a parent I don't know if 3 year olds can count :P)

Heck yeah they can count, that ONE is mine, that ONE is mine too, that ONE over there is mine. Well how many do you have? ONE.... mine! :P

(taken from actual conversation years ago)

Edited by 57chevy