City Navigator V7 Quirks

So as a test with my new CSx, I plotted five places I needed to go run errands to. I created a route and had my gps navigate to all those points in the shortest route possible.

The first point wasnt loaded as a POI (the town library) the police station was close enough so I entered that. As I looked for parking and circled around the block, the gps kept recalculating. when I finished with my errand there, the gps plotted a route to the next point--a store. So far so good.

The store has a gigantic parking lot. So it kept recalculating, i'm not sure to where because i had to keep my eyes on the road. After I parked and finished my errand, it had instructions to take me to a grocery store, assuming thats where it was taking me, i followed the route.

Instead, it was taking me home (the last point)!

Did it assume that I didn't want to go to the store anymore because I was coming from such a different vector (due to the massive parking lot)?

I'm starting to think the best way to do this is to turn navigation off when the location is in visual range, and then turn it on when you are ready to drive to the next point...Any other observations?

Well, I have a 60CS and City Select V6 and I have experienced a similar situation. My mom lives at the end of a dead end road (one way in and out). If I am navigating a route that has mom's house as an intermediate waypoint, when I get to within about half a mile from her house the unit will start navigating to the next waypoint. It is annoying, but I have never found a solution, and I just live with it. Sorry I couldn't be helpful, but I understand your issue!

Well, I have a 60CS and City Select V6 and I have experienced a similar situation. My mom lives at the end of a dead end road (one way in and out). If I am navigating a route that has mom's house as an intermediate waypoint, when I get to within about half a mile from her house the unit will start navigating to the next waypoint. It is annoying, but I have never found a solution, and I just live with it. Sorry I couldn't be helpful, but I understand your issue!

Yes, it can be frustrating. Especially if its a time you don't know the area well.

At what point does the unit give up and assume you've either abandoned the stop or are well past it and moves on to the next one. Secondly, your situation shouldn't have to do with why mine decided to abandon waypoint three of four which was probably over 3 miles from point 2 (the large parking lot at a shopping center.)

Maybe turning nav off when you're close helps?

I am sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you meant that the next waypoint was in sight :lol:

I am not sure why it would skip a waypoint and go on to the next one. You should not have to turn navigation off to get it to work. You might drop Garmin Tech Support a note and they can correct it in subsequent versions of the firmware.