Bbcode And Cache Logs?

Team Four Paw

Here is a little something that works:

(quote)Text getting (b)bold and (i)italic(/quote)

(url=http://www.xxx.com)Url link text(/url) New instance

(email)aaaa@bbbb.no(/email)

(img)//forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/style_images/Groundsp-964/gsplogo.gif(/img) Same instance

(/b)(/i)

End of bold and italic

(font=Arial)Arial skrift

(font=Comic Sans MS)(b)Comic Sans MS Bold(/b).

You must substitute the parentesis'()' whith brackets '[]' ofcourse.

And yes, a complete list would have been nice.

Prime summarized it well, except for the color tags.

To get color in a cache log you should use the following format:

[red]This text is red[/red]

The "normal" [ color=red ] [ /color ] tags don't work

Edited by Stunod

Looks like there's been some changes. If Groundspeak plans to tinker with the allowable options in the near future, perhaps someone from the Lily Pad could post here. What I would like to do is to compile all the permissible UBB codes and turn it into a FAQ entry for the thread pinned in the Getting Started Forum.

It should be noted that, while these codes can be used in logs, and look fine, they can look like garbage in watchlist emails. Use them sparingly.

Just a bump of this vital info, originally posted by Prime Suspect.

True. What I'll sometimes do is write the original log with none of the codes at all and submit it, so that watchlisters don't get unreadable email, and then do a hasty edit to put in the BB codes that I want in there (quickly enough to get it through before the dreaded "this log edited by the hermit crabs on some date or other" thingy). Probably a bit too AR for a normal person to do though :huh:

It should be noted that, while these codes can be used in logs, and look fine, they can look like garbage in watchlist emails. Use them sparingly.

Just a bump of this vital info, originally posted by Prime Suspect.

The eMails always have hyperlinks. I almost never read the mail, but select the link to read the log at the original site. No problems for here me. :rolleyes:

What I would like to do is to compile all the permissible UBB codes and turn it into a FAQ entry for the thread pinned in the Getting Started Forum.
Did this ever happen? A new cacher asked me how to format her log entries. I expected to find a simple tutorial in here somewhere, but may have to DNF.

I know that the following code currently works in cache logs:

red=[red][/red] orange = [orange][/orange] green=[green][/green] blue = [blue][/blue] purple = [purple][/purple]

bold =

italic =

size = a small text size, but not a larger one.

There may well be more colors. I couldn't change the font in cache logs.

Well, I just tried it again and got Comic Sans MS to work.

Edited by Isonzo Karst