Monarchs Of The World

45d147c3-f7d1-401b-a3c4-d13010eb11c6.jpg

This is a monument of 'KING DAVID KALAKAUA' the last 'King of Hawai'i.His monument can be found in Hilo on the 'Big Island of Hawai'i'

I found this statue while 'Benchmark' hunting in Hilo... TU0033

............. and also listed on 'Benchmark Page'------------TU0034...

Can't find this as a category proposal.

This was previously a 'Monarch of the Americas' L.C. but I would like to see it listed for the whole world. 'NO DICTATORS' allowed !!!

GROUP has been created.

Looking for interested members.

So far the following have been invited: Ambrosia, Jake39, The Leprechauns. (none have accepted thus far, just sent the invites a minute ago)

Plenty of room for more..... reply here or email me through my profile!

Here is the Monarch Rankings that will be used

1. Emperor / Empress

2. King /Queen

3. Grand Duke or Prince / Grand Duchess or Princess

4. Arch Duke / Arch Duchess

5. Prince / Princess

6. Duke / Duchess

7. Marquess / Marchioness

8. Earl or Count / Countess

9. Viscount/ Viscountess

10. Baron / Baroness or Baronet / Baronetess or Knight

This levels determined from this site Royal and Noble Ranks. And this site lists the other variations used across Europe.

Items to be added....

Waymark Owner - Must provide the following

• Photo with GPS of the Statue
  • Photo without GPS of the Statue
  • Land(s) of influence
  • Rank and name
  • Web link to related history

Waymark Visitor - Must provide a photo at the Statue

Now, obviously non-English lands will not have used the same titles as English lands, so the Rank and Name would use the indigenous rank (i.e. Marquis de Sade of France - not Marquess)

All Waymarks must be of actual Monarchs, not "King Kong" even though the name would qualify.

:bad: The Blue Quasar

edit: typo and clarity regarding Monarch titles.

Edited by The Blue Quasar

GROUP has been created.

Plenty of room for more.....

1. Emperor / Empress

2. King /Queen

5. Prince / Princess

6. Duke / Duchess

9. Viscount/ Viscountess

Fascinating group, and I'd be glad to join and participate.

I'd consider adding to the above:

-- Tsar/Tsarina

-- Sultan/Sultaness

-- Raja/Rani

It also seems to me that requiring a photo with GPSr is a needless requirement. I just don't see the rationale for it in creating a waymark. Possibly for logging a visit, but even there I'm not a huge fan of it.

My real question, though, is, "What are we Waymarking?" Memorials, Graves, Birthplaces, Statues, Residences, anything related to a monarch?

Good work!

~~silverquill

I think we are going to keep it at Statues/Monuments. There should be either a full body, or at least a head / bust of the Monarch.

Other groups can do the Memorials, Graves, Birthplaces, Residences... as this would be too much data.

As for the various titles, like Raja... I'm all for it, as long as there is some form of established comparison. The site I listed was for Europe, but I'm sure we could find the same for Middle East, and Orient.

I have always been torn on the whole "GPS in the photo" thing... if you can suggest another item that they could hold to make it valid, I'm all ears. I'm just trying to find a way to avoid the whole Internet image or Streets and Trips/ Google Earth coordinate game... for Owners, and the holiday photo for Visitors.

Something has to set the image apart from the standard, could be faked photo.

GROUP has been created.

Plenty of room for more.....

1. Emperor / Empress

2. King /Queen

5. Prince / Princess

6. Duke / Duchess

9. Viscount/ Viscountess

Fascinating group, and I'd be glad to join and participate.

I'd consider adding to the above:

-- Tsar/Tsarina

-- Sultan/Sultaness

-- Raja/Rani

It also seems to me that requiring a photo with GPSr is a needless requirement. I just don't see the rationale for it in creating a waymark. Possibly for logging a visit, but even there I'm not a huge fan of it.

My real question, though, is, "What are we Waymarking?" Memorials, Graves, Birthplaces, Statues, Residences, anything related to a monarch?

Good work!

~~silverquill

How about Pharaoh/Queen?

There are 3 women rulers of ancient egypt, and they were referred to as Queens since "Pharaoh" was a male title.

How about Pharaoh/Queen?

There are 3 women rulers of ancient egypt, and they were referred to as Queens since "Pharaoh" was a male title.

I had to speak lol...

Hatshepsut was Pharoah and queen. There are some like Smenkare who could have been female (Pharoah Smenkare may have been the famous Nefertiti actually) although no one knows for sure who Smenkare was.....

ok, end of useless trivia no one but me cares about lol.

I have always been torn on the whole "GPS in the photo" thing... if you can suggest another item that they could hold to make it valid, I'm all ears. I'm just trying to find a way to avoid the whole Internet image or Streets and Trips/ Google Earth coordinate game... for Owners, and the holiday photo for Visitors.

Something has to set the image apart from the standard, could be faked photo.

As far as Im concerned, the gps is just an object you hold in the photos. If someone wants to hold up a newspaper of todays headlines, or use an identifying trinket (like a gnome or stuffed dinosaur) in all of their photos, I could live with that in my waymarks. For that matter, make a construction paper cut out of a large red circle and use that in all of your photos. Something non standard that would seperate it from the old vacation photos. Maybe players without a gps can have mascots that they use in their photos. Im open to that on my waymarks.

How about Pharaoh/Queen?

I had to speak lol...

Hatshepsut was Pharoah and queen. There are some like Smenkare who could have been female (Pharoah Smenkare may have been the famous Nefertiti actually) although no one knows for sure who Smenkare was.....

ok, end of useless trivia no one but me cares about lol.

I think thats pretty interesting. I love history, and don't know so much about Ancient Egypt.

And as for you post above, I agree.

Edited by Dew Crew