Travel Bug Mileage

Pirates of Ocracoke

I discovered something interesting last night - I was looking at some of my TBs and for kicks I clicked the Recalculate Mileage button and the total mileage did update but the cache-to-cache mileage didn't. So if your TB has moved and the total mileage looks off try clicking on the Recalculate Mileage button and see if it updates.

It won't work on most. I have a TB that moved from a cache in my home town to another cache in my home town. I live in California. Then it moved to Hawaii and from there to Minnesota. It shows a total of 8.8 miles and the recalculate button doesn't fix that. I'm waiting for Jeremy to get the issue fixed so the bug shows the actual mileage.

Mileage is currently disabled due to some techinical issues. It's being worked on and we'll see miles again once it's fixed.

Hopefully, we're going to see 'Kilometers'. It's a standard (SI) unit for distance.

Of course, there should be an option for those who want 'Miles'.

For those of us in the UK, we need a miles button because metric is far too advanced for us!

some bugs seem to be working (with recalc), some don't.

even those where recalc seems to work, miss milage if they have been grabbed between two cachelogs.

and it's still mileage and not kilometers for those who choose kilometers.

but at least something seems to move a little.

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing - some of them are now calculating the distance from the starting point on the individual TB pages, but aren't adding up the total miles. Also, none of them appear to be updating the total mileage on the TB summary page under my account.

some bugs seem to be working (with recalc), some don't.

even those where recalc seems to work, miss milage if they have been grabbed between two cachelogs.

and it's still mileage and not kilometers for those who choose kilometers.

but at least something seems to move a little.

I discovered something interesting last night - I was looking at some of my TBs and for kicks I clicked the Recalculate Mileage button and the total mileage did update but the cache-to-cache mileage didn't. So if your TB has moved and the total mileage looks off try clicking on the Recalculate Mileage button and see if it updates.

i have the same problems with my tb's

I dropped a bug in NH that I had picked up in MA and the milage isn't showing up. Did I not log correctly or is there still a problem with milage? I looked but couldn't find a reclac button.

The recalc button only shows up for the TB owner to click :P. It does seem to take longer for mileage to get updated now. I think Groundspeak updates it every so often instead of as soon as a TB is logged. Give it a day and then check the page to see if it has been updated or not.