Storing/displaying Of Coins

hobo dude

I use 12 pocket coin pages and 2.5 X 2.5 cardboard flips (which holds coins firmly in place) or vinyl flips . This makes a very professional display inside a D ring binder that zips up to keep dust out and any loose coins safe.

I don't want to suggest a place to buy them as I don't want to advertise for anyone, but you can google search for coins supplies.

I use 12 pocket coin pages and 2.5 X 2.5 cardboard flips (which holds coins firmly in place) or vinyl flips . This makes a very professional display inside a D ring binder that zips up to keep dust out and any loose coins safe.

I don't want to suggest a place to buy them as I don't want to advertise for anyone, but you can google search for coins supplies.

If you mentioned a place like Michaels I don't think you'd get in trouble would you?

I also use the card pages and close them with small velcro strips. So far this is working well and keeps the coins from falling out as well as letting you open and close easily. I also may try the craft foam as shown on this link it looks very nice.

Edited by BigDaddyD
There is another thread with a lot of info.

I use trading card pages with 6mm craft foam.The foam fits snug and holds the coins in place. You can see both sides as well.

coinbinder.jpg

If you are planning to use foam... either use the 6mm or use a plastic sheet protector with a page size piece of foam between each coin page. That way the coins won't press against each other when the binder is closed.

thecachingplace.com sells very nice, sturdy pages.

(I close mine with tiny bradsthat I found at Michaels in the scrapbooking section.)

:ph34r:No they don't! I ordered one set and I have the same problem as they fall out quite easily! Needs to be taped.

As for storing:

I have a binder with dividers. The first pocket is a list of coins for that section, following is the pocket sleeves. Some of my coins are displayed on a wooden coin stand on our fireplace mantle.

As for grouping:

*Personal Coins (Other peoples)

*Group coins (GGA, NEFGA)

*State Coins (GA, WA, NM, MI)

*Event (CITO, Addicted)

*GCC (ROT 13)

*Military (Hubby's squad coins)

*Neilnesc (Not another micro)

*Our Coins (Our milage coin)

*Milestone (100 Caches, 100 TB)

*Unactivated (Possible trade, e-Bay)

*Trades (Usually just a print out of coins coming and going

(I close mine with tiny bradsthat I found at Michaels in the scrapbooking section.)

:huh:No they don't! I ordered one set and I have the same problem as they fall out quite easily! Needs to be taped.

I was commenting on what worked for me. No need to get nasty and yell....

I also use these pages, with the flips that they sell. It is true that the coins fall out if you just put them in the flips, and let 'em ride, however, I've found that by stapling the 4 sides of the flip, it provides a nice snug fit for the coin, with no chance of it falling out. The only problem with the flips is that they don't come in sizes that fit the real large coins (like New Mexico) very well. Overall, I think it's a good, inexpensive way to hold and organize coins.

Dancing Fool....very awesome way to display your coins. Anyone ever think of displaying them in a coin holder mounted on the wall? Its my latest woodworking project....hopefully I will remember to measure twice and cut once. Having them out will allow me to see them all the time vice having them in a book. But the book is an excellent idea for travel/storing.

Yep.....

Built 1, started to build a couple more but have never gotten around to completing them.

I have so many coins now it would take 4 just to show them all.

coindisplay.jpg