Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Marky

Talk Net, Irlp Node 9000, Every Thurs 6:30pm Pt!

The Geocaching Talk Net is alive and well, every Thursday evening at 6:30pm Pacific Time on IRLP Reflector node 9000. Find an IRLP node near you and connect it to the reflector and join in on the fun!

--Marky, K6FTF

(lately, it seems that I'm more "Fast To Fade" than "First To Find". :grin: )

Well still no luck on using a node but I'm getting closer.

I'll be listening on echolink so would someone check me in.

Thanks, KE7FWH

Well still no luck on using a node but I'm getting closer.

I'll be listening on echolink so would someone check me in.

Thanks, KE7FWH

Will do!

I Vote you ................ cuz you do a realgood job and im not set up for it

do it one more week and i will take it next week cuz im going to change the net scriped around a bit :D

SteelHead[bC]

VE7WCC

Looks like you man! I found a repeater other then the one I was using to access but have not made contact with control op to find out weather i can use it for a net so Im still on the side just checking in.

73' KCØUYK

I can't get status.irlp.net to tell me if I'm connected. It appears to be down. My repeater is acting like it's connected, but I haven't heard anyone else so I'm not sure. I tried connecting my backup repeater to the 9000 reflector with no luck. Not sure what is going on. Anyway, I think I'll go eat dinner and leave my radio on just in case someone comes on.

--Marky, K6FTF

I missed it tonight, i am looking to buy a new place and me and the family were checking out places, and went out to eat after. i totally forgot about it :o

hopefully next week i'll be there. after reading some posts here im not even sure it happened?

Nero

' date='Feb 2 2006, 09:01 PM'] it happend it wuz a real good net 15 checkins i will post more tomoro

SteelHead[bC]

VE7Wcc

Cool, glad it went off. I tried to get in via both of the IRLP nodes I had access to, but couldn't. It was hard to tell what was going on with the irls status site being down.

--Marky, K6FTF

Is http://status.irlp.net/ down for everyone else?

--Marky, K6FTF

Yup. Haven't been able to get there for a few hours now. Managed to get into the net via echolink.

I need to learn how to do that so I can have a backup plan.

--Marky

I am very new to the HAM world.. (ok, just got issued my license today :))

I am very interested in what must be done to listen to you all on Thursdays and I found these two nodes in Tucson.

http://status.irlp.net/IRLPnodedetail.php?nodeid=3924

and

http://status.irlp.net/IRLPnodedetail.php?nodeid=3892

Should I contact one or both of them to see if I can use them to listen to your talks?

Advice on anything I should say to them if I send an email?

Thanks in advance.

KE7GKF

I'm not going to be at my basestation during tomorrow's net, so I can't be net control. I'm not sure how well I can get into the repeater from where I'm going to be, so I may not even be able to get in. Anyway, just a heads up for someone to take net control duties.

My phone's browser kept timing out, but I guess a couple messages made it through. This post was a dup.

Edited by Marky

I am very new to the HAM world.. (ok, just got issued my license today :huh:)

I am very interested in what must be done to listen to you all on Thursdays and I found these two nodes in Tucson.

http://status.irlp.net/IRLPnodedetail.php?nodeid=3924

and

http://status.irlp.net/IRLPnodedetail.php?nodeid=3892

Should I contact one or both of them to see if I can use them to listen to your talks?

Advice on anything I should say to them if I send an email?

I would ask them if you could have permission to connect their node to the 9000 reflector node from 6:30pm to around 7:30pm on Thursdays so that you can participate in the weekly Geocaching Talk Net.

--Marky

P.S. It would be very cool to hear you check in to the net, my friend.

73, Marky, K6FTF

My plans have changed, so I will be able to be at my basestation for the net tonight. Andy, you mentioned something about a new net script? How is that coming along? I can be Net Control tonight. I had some problems last week, and couldn't get in. Still not sure why. Having the IRLP status site down made it hard to debug. Anyway, I will give it another go.

--Marky

Hey Andy, it's NOT my antenna! :o I'm making it in to my local repeater just fine and I can hear the net just fine, but apparently the frequency between the the repeater and the IRLP node aren't in sync, so I can only listen in. Put me down as an early checkin, and I'll be monitoring.

--Marky, K6FTF

I heard you call on me, but I couldn't make it in. Apparently, the IRLP node I was on has a frequency mismatch between the repeater and the node.

--Marky

I heard you call on me, but I couldn't make it in. Apparently, the IRLP node I was on has a frequency mismatch between the repeater and the node.

--Marky

I was just talking with the repeater owner and he checked on his equipment and the transmit is broke. Luckily, I was still able to hear the net, and am enjoying it.

--Marky

--Marky

I was just talking with the repeater owner and he checked on his equipment and the transmit is broke. Luckily, I was still able to hear the net, and am enjoying it.

--Marky

Marky/Andy,

Thanks for acting as net control. Even though I'm presently IRLP challenged at the home QTH, I'm glad I can check in using Andy's echolink and partake in the 'net. Last week's net wasn't just my first geocaching net check in, it was my first net check in anywhere.

Thanks again and 73

- Greg VA3GDP

I talked to one of the operators of the IRLP node I use, and I was told that it should be back up by Thursday, hopefully.

--Marky

Hello all, i'm trying to get set up so i can come say hello tommorow night.

One problem is most of my gear is commercial stuff and no DTMF mic, a few

of you have mentioned echolink, can i connect to REF9000 via echolink

somehow?

Thanks Mike - N2HYO

Hello all, i'm trying to get set up so i can come say hello tommorow night.

One problem is most of my gear is commercial stuff and no DTMF mic, a few

of you have mentioned echolink, can i connect to REF9000 via echolink

somehow?

Thanks Mike - N2HYO

Yes you can :D If you don't have it already then you need to download echolink first. Then when that is done look up VE7WCC on echolink and connect to him. During the net echolink and IRLP are connected togather so you can join in on the net! Hope that helps :D

Hope to see you on the net tomorrow night 6:30PST

Dave-KCØUYK

Well i tried for this week to say hello but things were not cooperating,i just

got my node working again so i'll be there this thursday if i don't forget.

73's N2HYO

I should be able to check in, whose turn is it for Net Control?

--Marky - K6FTF

Topic for tonight's Geocaching Talk Net: What techogeek toys, tools, software etc. do you use to help you find caches?

See ya at 6:30pm Pacific Time on IRLP node 9000 and Echolink #243326 (VE7WCC-R)

--Marky

I was Net Control last week, who is going to give it a try this week?

--Marky

--Marky

Whoever calls the net this week I would like to ask if the W4ERT group can check in as early as possible. Reason being is the kerchunking issue and I may not be able to keep the net up for the full duration because of time constraints. If we have any individuals that are wanting to remain, I will have them connect direct. Thanks for the consideration. The group here is really enjoying the net and we are hearing alot of positive things being said out this way! Thanks for keeping it going...n4nnx.

--Marky

Whoever calls the net this week I would like to ask if the W4ERT group can check in as early as possible. Reason being is the kerchunking issue and I may not be able to keep the net up for the full duration because of time constraints. If we have any individuals that are wanting to remain, I will have them connect direct. Thanks for the consideration. The group here is really enjoying the net and we are hearing alot of positive things being said out this way! Thanks for keeping it going...n4nnx.

Will do!

--Marky

Im in for net control tomorrow night. Uless there are any objections.

Sounds great Dave!

--Marky, K6FTF

Im in for net control tomorrow night. Uless there are any objections.

Thanks for getting the W4ERT group in quick. After the geocaching presentation at the local ARES/RACES group meeting saturday I feel you will be hearing a few more of us. Net sounded great! thanks for all the hard work. A few of the guys were really tired this week and some had to travel tomorrow so the participation was a bit low. With the sysops (W4AW) help I think the kerchunking has smoothed out a bit. Thanks for the patience. Added a yahoo group on my page, feel free to join and add your .10 worth! Thanks again for making such a fun and informative net!

Sorry I missed the net. Was too busy at a local geocaching event and couldn't get to an IRLP node to check in. Hope it was a good net!

--Marky

I am going to give it a try tomorrow. As long as I don't forget.

N3UXK

will try to get in using echolink

I am going to give it a try tomorrow. As long as I don't forget.

N3UXK

will try to get in using echolink

Cool, I'll be running Net Control from echolink as well.

--Marky