Caching Along A Route

JetMonkey

Currently I'm using MapSource City Select 7 and GSAK to manage my geocaching and so far it works well for me. I normally keep a ton of local caches ready in my GPSr so that when I'm out and about they are already loaded and off I go. What I'm wondering is, using the software that I have, what is the best way to set things up for a road trip?

Suppose I want to leave from Cleveland and drive to Washington DC (just as an example). Is there a desent and simple way to find caches that are scattered along my route from Cleveland to DC ot do I have to select various spots along the way and do a search on Geocaching.com, and do the quiery download for each city or stop that might interest me? It would be nice if I could plan a route and see just what's within a few miles of it, after all, if you do a quiery for a certain area there might not be much that shows there but there could be multiple caches in an area between the ones you quieried. I'd like to find a way to see what is along a route.

Hope this makes some sense!

Thanks for any help,

Steve (JetMonkey)

You can load the waypoints into GSAK and then set and arc filter to only load caches that are within the distance you are whiling to travel off your route, then GSAK will only load those caches into your GPS.

To set the arc filter you will have to create some coordinates along the route to load into GSAK, you can look these up with your map source software.

In GSAK look under search for filters.