Gilsson Neoprene Cover For 60 Series

mlk3454

I've been using 'em ever since they came out which was after I dropped my 60cs on some rocks that damaged some of the buttons and scratched the glass. Since using the cover, I have dropped the 60cs twice off my mtn bike; the cover has numerous scratches but the GPS has naught a sratch except for the rubber portion of the antenna which appears thick enough to survive getting run over.

I don't like the plastic connector or the velcro, so, I cut them off - instead I use the button belt clip.

Pushing the buttons was very difficult at first, but the cover stretches over time; the tradeoff is well worth it!

I don't care for the Gilsson cover for the Etrex line; I returned mine and got a second cover for the 60.

Since using the cover, I have dropped the 60cs twice off my mtn bike; the cover has numerous scratches but the GPS has naught a

On the bike... Don't you just use a handlebar mount? Don't think you can use the cover and the mount at the same time, am I wrong? I plan on using my new unit for Motorcycling, Mountain Biking, Hiking, and Geocaching... Don't think the cover would help other than while hiking and geocaching.

Grimm-

I have to say...mine came in the mail today. I'm not a fan.

If you thought the rocker panel was hard to use (esp. when you use it to more the location arrow around), its even tougher with the plastic over it. And I can already tell the fabric connecting the latch to the pouch is not going to last. I also have a hard time believing a piece of cloth is going to keep it from getting damaged when it hits a hard surface. And to top it off, it makes the GPS look ugly...

But I suppose its the best thing out there so far. I'll use it for when I"m walking around the city and keep it latched on to my bag.

Since using the cover, I have dropped the 60cs twice off my mtn bike; the cover has numerous scratches but the GPS has naught a

On the bike... Don't you just use a handlebar mount? Don't think you can use the cover and the mount at the same time, am I wrong? I plan on using my new unit for Motorcycling, Mountain Biking, Hiking, and Geocaching... Don't think the cover would help other than while hiking and geocaching.

Grimm-

Be careful with the handlebar mount - My 60C poppd out twice on my first ride over some rough pavement at speed down some hills. Hit the road at 25 to 30 mph. On the positive side, except for some scratches in the case, unit continued to work perfectly.

I doctored the mount with some velcro straps on the side of the mount and unit. Cannot recommend it without - any real handlebar jarring pops the unit right out of the mount. Totally different from my old GPS V which was secured into the mount with a small screw knob...

Grimm-

Be careful with the handlebar mount - My 60C poppd out twice on my first ride over some rough pavement at speed down some hills. Hit the road at 25 to 30 mph. On the positive side, except for some scratches in the case, unit continued to work perfectly.

I doctored the mount with some velcro straps on the side of the mount and unit. Cannot recommend it without - any real handlebar jarring pops the unit right out of the mount. Totally different from my old GPS V which was secured into the mount with a small screw knob...

That's why I rarely use it on my bike!

I use a button holder with the GPS attached to one of my backpack's straps. The button does not interfere with the cover. The times I have dropped if off my bike is when I detach the GPS from the holder and loose my grip on it :ph34r: . I have a bike mount, but will only attach it there on slow speeds for the same reason noted - it can pop out on a hard bump.

BTW, the bike mount (and windshield and bean bag mounts) work for both the Etrex line ( I also have a Vista) and the Map60s with the corresponding adapters. The 60s have a plastic piece that slips behind the unit; and the Etrex' have a replacement battery cover.

[quote name=Mr. That's why I rarely use it on my bike!

I use a button holder with the GPS attached to one of my backpack's straps. The button does not interfere with the cover. The times I have dropped if off my bike is when I detach the GPS from the holder and loose my grip on it :huh: . I have a bike mount' date=' but will only attach it there on slow speeds for the same reason noted - it can pop out on a hard bump.

[/quote]

Wonder if this would be a problem on my motorcycle. Would not want the little sucker trying to escape while doing 85..er.. ah.. I mean 55mph.. yeah, thats it...

I will have to see just how it is made.

Grimm-

You guys talking about the GPS popping out of the bike mount, are you talking about Gilsson or the Garmin bike mount?

I bought the Garmin bike mount, have been forcefully shaking it and it seems pretty secure--doesn't look like it will pop out...

The Garmin mount. There's no way you can shake the mount by hand and reproduce the vibration in the handlebars from rough road on a road bike....