Request: Rss Link To My Caches

J Eep

It would be very helpful to have an RSS link to my caches so that I can monitor them without having to log into Geocaching.com.

As for me, I'd put the RSS link on to my "MyYahoo" page so that I could check it everytime I logged on.

Other people would put it on their PDA, their email program or whatever. RSS is so flexible.

I think it would be a pretty useful feature.

If you are a premium member yoy can already do that. Make a bookmarklist with all your caches and mark the option "notify me"

Editing details about this Bookmark List

Make changes

Name

Description (1,000 characters)

I want to share this list with others

Make this list public (show on bookmarked listings)

Notify me when items on this list are logged

If you are a premium member yoy can already do that. Make a bookmarklist with all your caches and mark the option "notify me"

Editing details about this Bookmark List

Make changes

Name 

Description (1,000 characters)

I want to share this list with others

Make this list public (show on bookmarked listings)

Notify me when items on this list are logged

That's an excellent way to get 2 copies of every notification. Not sure why you'd want to do that though. :ph34r:

I have give a answer on the question of the topic starter. He wants to know if a cache of him is logd. It is possible in the way i explaind it. I dont know if he has set a notification. But i think you can play with the options to get the right constelation. I think it is better to get a double notification then not at all. Pherhaps you can also set a filter in your email program to see only the notification you want. And last but not least if you don't want to do it then don't.

So let me get this right, geocaching.com is supposed to have RSS feeds for each cacher or 24000+ RSS feeds. :ph34r:

I think they might choose to stick notification emails. :ph34r:

I don't see why Groundspeak wouldn't do it. With that number of feeds all you'd have to do is buy them a server or two to dedicate to only RSS feeds.

I have give a answer on the question of the topic starter. He wants to know if a cache of him is logd. It is possible in the way i explaind it. I dont know if he has set a notification. But i think you can play with the options to get the right constelation. I think it is better to get a double notification then not at all. Pherhaps you can also set a filter in your email program to see only the notification you want. And last but not least if you don't want to do it then don't.

You missed my point. Owner's always automatically get emailed when anyone logs their caches. There's no need to create a notification for them. All you'll do is end up with twice the email.

Hey servers are expensive. How much to you really want Premium Membership to be?

As a IT manager, yep they sure are and they take support time to. Each one has to be updated with OS changes etc. so you have to be willing to dedicate the support time. I wouldn't do it and RSS is not as easy to implement AND manage in a professional setting as it appears to the end user. I don't think any major organization (that I've looked at at lease) with RSS feeds has more than 2 or 3 dozen because of the traffic load and the infrastructure needed to support that. Most have very few actually.

JDanDD