Free Serial Finder Geocoins!

Serial Finder

I went to bed last night before the February issue went live. Since I indicated in my initial posts that I'd be posting the questions in the evening, I'm going to hold off on posting them until tonight after work in deference to those folks who may have taken the time to read previous chapters expecting an evening release of the questions (I realise here that I can't make everyone happy).

Today is mine and Mrs ICMs 27th anniversary and we plan to go out to eat so I can't give a specific time, but since I start dozing off around 8:30PM EST, I'm guessin it will be around that time. Also, by that time, the widest number of folks should be getting home from work, yet the old foggies (like me) on the East coast won't be kept up too far past their bed time.

I hope the anticipation has added more fun than frustration, but being an impatient sort myself, I appologize for the delay.

I e-mailed my answers to the other question at 2:16am this morning. I got home from work at about 2am, and saw that there was another contest, and posted my correct :o answers at that time. I searched gc.com for a while after that, checked back here and there were no posts, so I think I may just be the first one to respond. but, ya never know...

Today is mine and Mrs ICMs 27th anniversary and we plan to go out to eat so I can't give a specific time, but since I start dozing off around 8:30PM EST, I'm guessin it will be around that time. Also, by that time, the widest number of folks should be getting home from work, yet the old foggies (like me) on the East coast won't be kept up too far past their bed time.

I hope the anticipation has added more fun than frustration, but being an impatient sort myself, I appologize for the delay.

Happy Anniversary :wacko:

I hope I've already won a pewter coin early this morning, since I'm on second shift. I didn't realize until todays-cacher went live, that I could get in on a second contest. I quickly read the last chapter and sent off am email as soon as I figured out the answers. I then read that I was supposed to send the answers to the author of the story so Serial Finder got the first then I fired one off to IceCreamMan. I was so excited, thinking I may have won a pewter coin, I was moving at top speed.

Good luck everyone! :lol:

Gary

There is another contect?  Did I miss something?

Right inder the February 2006 heading. I looked at it 1:45 AM PST last night and just assumed it was the contest with the questions so didn't read it thouroughly. I could have gotten those questions answered but by then I was too tired to read more. Now I can kick myself.

I went to bed last night before the February issue went live. Since I indicated in my initial posts that I'd be posting the questions in the evening, I'm going to hold off on posting them until tonight after work in deference to those folks who may have taken the time to read previous chapters expecting an evening release of the questions (I realise here that I can't make everyone happy).

There is a separate contest that was posted with the February issue of Today's Cacher. It's a different contest. Only think is you can't win both. Watch for Serial Finder to post the questions for this contest at about 8:30 PM EST give or take.

There is a separate contest that was posted with the February issue of Today's Cacher. It's a different contest. Only think is you can't win both.  Watch for Serial Finder to post the questions for this contest at about 8:30 PM EST give or take.

Will we know if we won the first contest before the questions come out for the second?

1. What are the actual coordinates of the geocache where Serial Finder finds "the list"? (HINT: It's a real cache)

2. According to Serial Finder, Maps are for ____________ (fill in the blank).

3. What is the number of the Forest Road that Detective Bryd gets stuck on?

4. What year is Serial Finder's Tracker?

5. What small structure does Luke Duke find his first cache under?

6. JoeMerchants home is located at the dummy coordinates to what puzzle cache?

7. What are the actual coordinates of the geocache where JoeMerchant finds a skull? (HINT: It's a real cache)

8. What is the name of the event that JaxPosse and Luke Duke attend? (spelling counts)

9. What coin does Serial Finder find?

10. What do JaxPosse and Luke Duke have for dinner at the event?

11. What tool does JoeMerchant employ to open a lock?

12. Who owns JoeMerchant's house?

1. What are the actual coordinates of the geocache where Serial Finder finds "the list"? (HINT: It's a real cache)

7. What are the actual coordinates of the geocache where JoeMerchant finds a skull? (HINT: It's a real cache)

8. What is the name of the event that JaxPosse and Luke Duke attend? (spelling counts)

9:14 PM -- Pacific time! Waaaaayyyyy too late but it's ok. This thing got me to go check out the story and just finding that and reading it is a win for me. I'm looking forward to the next installment. I hope you write another story after this one is finished.

Congratulations to those who won the coins. I know you'll enjoy them. ;)

Edited by Thrak

And the Winners are....

For the 12 Question Contest

The following will recieve a Serial Finder LE Pewter -

:D Redleg139 (8:45)

:D sept1c_tank (8:54)

;) dresseldragons (8:58)

The following will recieve a Serial Finder Bronse -

;) zombie (9:10)

:D slumbersix (9:17)

:D mintaka (9:26)

There were five others who answered before the last winning reponse (9:26 PM) but who had one or more incorrect answer. I will be posting the correct answers shortly.

I will be responding to the winning emails with a request for a mailing address to send the coins.

Hooya! Great contest, David. I've been addicted to the story from the outset and I get antsy every month waiting for the newest installment. Do you have any idea how many more chapters? I hope it goes on forever, or at least there will be a sequel. :D

Congratulations to the other winners (and everyone else who has been introduced to Serial Finder)! :D;)

Edited by sept1c_tank

And the winners are...

For the Waypoint Contest posted in Today's Cacher

:D Team CoyChev (2:24) won a Serial Finder LE Pewter geocoin

;) kusanagi (4:28) won a Serial Finder Bronse geocoin

One person responded prior to either of these, but one of the waypoints was incorrect. I will be posting the correct answers shortly.

I will be emailing the winners and asking them to response with a mailing address to send the coins.

Here are the correct answers - I've put notes with the questions that anyone got wrong

---------------------------------------------------------------

N 30' 09.011 W 081' 55.548 (Forest Oasis) - the name of the cache alone was insufficient, you needed to give the coordinates

girls - This was one several contestants got wrong.

Forest Road number 5

a Gazebo and/or steps

Perky's Favorite

N 30' 27.566 W 081' 26.075 (Jungle Cache) - the name of the cache alone was insufficient, you needed to give the coordinates

StressMaster's Meat and Greet

A Federation coin

Steaks

A car jack - when they used the winch to break open the gate, they busted the latch, not the lock.

JM Advisors, INC.

The three actual active caches mentioned in Serial Finder are...

Forest Oasis

Jungle Cache

Alien Listening Post

While there is a cache named "Crossroads" mentioned in the story, there is no actual cache of that name in Jennings Forest, where the cache in the story is. The cache in the Jax area that bears that name mentions in the description that it is at a beach access in Ponte Vedra.

Edited by Serial Finder

BTW, I'm Guessing the story will run 2 or 3 chapters more. Possibly 4

I had a fat finger on the first waypoint. Figure it should've counted, but oh well, my notes are correct. Really though, out of the gazzillion possibilities for a cache location, missin the last 2 numbers on one line, that should be a "gimme". Obvious what happened.

It wasn't the waypoint you had wrong, I would probably have given you that as a typo. You got question 2 wrong.

Should I drop by and read over the rough draft just to see how it sounds and if another chapter should be added??

It wasn't the waypoint you had wrong, I would probably have given you that as a typo. You got question 2 wrong.

I can only guess what your answer was.....

As for me I know I got #11 wrong.

Edited by Team Dinosaur