New Listing Attribute

JackiePenn

stonefisk:  do tell us what prompted this thread - my guess is there's a story in there  :rolleyes:

Just the constant influx of threads about cachers, PC cache descriptions, warnings about anything and everything where one should not need to bother. An attribute stating "DO NOT DO THIS CACHE IF YOU ARE AN IDIOT" would cover all this.

Blatant dangers, fair enough, no problem, things like natural or otherwise man traps (hidden holes, cliff faces, risks for night cachers)

but like RR point out >

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=121766

Next cache descriptions will have to depict the country code.

What geocachers should wear so people don't catch cold.

Explain that fields sometimes have cow sh*t dotted around and that you may step in it and it may smell unpleasant.

Parking with valuables on display may make your car a target of theft.

Blocking farm gate may get your car damaged by a tractor.

Most cache locations are at risk to Weil's Disease (Leptospirosis).

Busy roads need to be crossed with care else being knocked down may hurt.

People can drown in bodies of water with a depth of at least 6 inches.

Bees and wasps might live in nests and they do not like being poked.

Finding shotgun shells or hearing shots doesn't not require a full scale alert....

Mud happens to occur especially after rain, you may lose traction with foot or tyre.

Breaching barbwire fence can hurt, its doing what it was designed to do, don't do it.

etc...etc...etc

Edited by stonefisk
Just the constant influx of threads about cachers, PC cache descriptions, warnings about anything and everything where one should not need to bother. An attribute stating "DO NOT DO THIS CACHE IF YOU ARE AN IDIOT" would cover all this.

Absolutely correct.

And an extension to this policy would replace all the guidelines on cache placement as well. Instead of having exceptions about dry stone walls, SSIs, nature reserves, active railway lines, electrical transformers, etc etc...

...one single rule would cover all these:-

"Stupid people are not allowed to hide caches."

-Wlw

"Stupid people are not allowed to hide caches."

Okay maybe my topic is total facetious, but lets not stop there.

How about attributes for...

"Suitable for Upper Working Class and above"

"Only cachers educated to a least half Degree level (HND) and NO ART DEGREES!"

hell why stop there...

Lets conduct caching by invitation only (opps some break away UK cachers do that already or so it is whispered).

Okay then... caching prior to acceptance via application and(or) interview.

"You can only view details of this cache after passing the following proficiency exam" hmmm ....okay that is very do-able via frontend linked into cache description.

:rolleyes:

Okay caching is not an elitist thing (anymore? use to be unique I guess to the early worms) nor I guess should it be, but it recently it seems its a great activity in trying to aid natural selection of the species.

Edited by stonefisk

"You can only view details of this cache after passing the following proficiency exam" hmmm ....okay that is very do-able via frontend linked into cache description.

From what I've seen of pieman's caches, not to mention a few others, there already is! And its one I would fail miserably, despite being educated to the suggested standards! :(

Clearly - we need to increase those standards, so having a PhD would be the next logical step. Unfortunately, all those I know with PhDs have NO common sense, so wouldn't qualify on that count. :rolleyes:

Now there's an idea - if we have no one who is actually allowed to go cachng, then all the boxes would remain in good condition, with the original swaps, and no tat! Problem solved.... :(

hmmmm

edit for a few smilies! :(

Edited by purple_pineapple