B.c. Geocoin

Forest Dragon

Sorry to re-introduce this topic. However, I lost track of the original thread. I can't find it in the Geocoins forum either.

I wanted to purchase some B.C. Geocoins if they were ever made. I know there was a thread, but I didn't follow it closely enough. Now I've lost track.

Was the decision to have a B.C. Geocoin finalized? Are they in production?

As i view the various designs for the BC Coin all it does is screams west coast. The design with a Whale and a totem is about the coast and the lower mainland. If you want it to truly represent bc then get rid of the Totem and have the back side have a salmon or a moose/deer/bear/Wolf/fox that is found in all of BC. By placing the totem on the coin you buy into the tourist image of BC an really do not represent most of the people who actively Geocache in BC. This may not be politiclly correct but i make no apology for it.

Thanks for your input. The totem has been removed from the 2006 BC coin design. We're thinking of keeping the mountains, lake, trees and eagle. On the reverse will be a native designed orca. The totem was removed because we didn't want native art on both sides. If we do a future coin, we will include other BC wildlife and scenery and may revisit the totem again at that time. :D

We're leaning towards gc.com trackable....only because it seems the crowd favourite.

It seems when geocoins (trackable or not) get found in a cache, they are kept by the initial finder rather than logged and then left in another cache to continue their journey. If this is the case, then why pay more to have them trackable, and then have to fit our design into gc.com's geocoin criteria? It's possible we can come up with a more creative coin (and keep the costs down) if we don't have to have it approved by gc.com (supposedly they prefer 2D rather than 3D). We'll keep you posted. :o

We're leaning towards gc.com trackable....only because it seems the crowd favourite.

It seems when geocoins (trackable or not) get found in a cache, they are kept by the initial finder rather than logged and then left in another cache to continue their journey. If this is the case, then why pay more to have them trackable, and then have to fit our design into gc.com's geocoin criteria? It's possible we can come up with a more creative coin (and keep the costs down) if we don't have to have it approved by gc.com (supposedly they prefer 2D rather than 3D). We'll keep you posted. :)

I have been looking into making a coin too, off and on. Anyways, it was sugested before that one could attach a TB tag to the coin, if that person wanted the coin tracked. And that space on the coin would be left for a hole to be drilled, if said cacher wanted to attach the Tag. A space that didn't interfere with any graphic on either side.

Just a thought,

Circle of Confusion