Magellan Sportrak Help

CHarrison

Hello All,

A newbie here and the search feature wasnt working so I thought maybe someone would have a guick answer.

I have a new Magellan Sportrak Map and created a waypoint (Home) then drove to a another waypoint (Zoo) and then created a route from the track.

The problem I have is that the route displays all the "Points" as TP#### throughout the route.

Is it possible to turn those "Points" off? Perhaps that is the equivilent to "hiding" the route?

Thanks in advance.

Is this something happening when you create an autoroute using MapSend DirectRoute? I think you get those when you have more than 200 active existing waypoint that have comments. DirectRoute needs those comment fields to contain street routing information. I hold my number of active waypoints with comments to 180 or less if I want to autoroute.

If you *aren't* using DR, then I've completely misunderstood what you described.

If you're talking about the display on the Sportrak you can go into Map setup hit the right point on the large center button this will bring up the map display options. You can select what you want to see on the mapview of the unit. Uncheck the waypoint box and return to the map this will get rid of all waypoints on the map. Or you can go to each one of the TP waypoints individually and change the visibility for them separately, this will enable you to still see the waypoints that you want to see. Or if you only have a few waypoints other then the ones generated by this route it might be easier to choose the first option and then go into the waypoints you want to see and make them visible.

This happens when you convert a track to a route either by choosing the Backtrak option or the Save track to Route option.

Have Fun it's a good machine I had one for a couple of years and upgraded to the Sportrak Pro for the larger memory capacity.

:D

SARJOR

Thanks for the replies, nothing better than forums!

Embra, Im not using DirectRoutes, and Sarjor is right on the money. I cleared all the waypoints from the Map Display options. My problem now is making the User Waypoints I have entered visible. I go into "Edit WPT" and see the icon, Name, location, elevation and message, but nothing for visibility. I hit the "view" button and it takes me to the location, but the icon no longer shows.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your patience, and I really like this GPS, its my first entry in to the hobby and I am amazed at the accuracy of these things, speed, direction, it doesnt miss a beat!

While in the Edit Waypoint Screen look at the top left for the (VIS) box,,uncheck this to make the waypoint invisible or check to make it visible.

This controls the waypoints separately but remember if you change the setting in the map setup opposite of what you set for the separate waypoints it will overwrite you previous selection.

SARJOR

I see what you mean now, you clearly stated in your original post that you created a route from the track. I just overlooked that.

Aside from the individual visibility editing as described above (a PITA to impliment), I think you have to choose between "all on" or "all off" with the map setup toggle.