Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Falcon Loader

Trying To Form Military Or Family Of Military Grp

Greetings all, I'm trying to get a GeoCaching Group started of military members and thier families. It would primarily be US and our allies. We could support one another when TDY to where ever it is we go by locals who know the area going on "Joint exercises" into the wilds of local geocaching. Also, when the enevitable deployments occur, our family members can keep spirits up by joining together in GeoCaching while we are off doing our job. Your thoughts, or possible list of those interested enough to join. :D

I'm located in Warner Robins, home of Robins Air Force Base. I served in the Air Force and my wife is retired from the Air Force. Any GI's coming our direction can feel free to drop me a line and I'll help any way I can.

I think especially for us that live near military bases/posts we tend to forget the singles. While I agree inviting the families of those deployed and those deployed to go caching, I think we need to remember those single cachers that move to a new duty location not knowing anyone and knowing what's around. Sometimes it takes a personal invite to them so they don't feel that they're invading your family time. Besides it's some much more fun when you're with someone caching!

terri

Terri and Billy,

I concur! I remember being a single airman stationed on Okinawa and often feeling like the "odd man out". Hopefully if we get a group of caches together we can be there for the single soldier, sailor or airman that is wanting to do something with thier "down time"

What about ex-military still living in the vicinity, but willing to help?

Im in Korea right now but would be happy to join any groups such as this. I even know a cou[ple of guys right here on base with me who would also like to join. Please email me with more info. benjamin.heaberlin@us.army.mil

hey am in the Coast Guard, I might not ever really leave stateside, but a group like this would be great, espically if when i move again, when i came up here to WI i didn't know anyone, and felt really lonely... so i'm all for it.. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good idea. I am in Tucson for another six month, then off to Fortress Bragg. Let me know what I can do to start things here in the Southwest and then in NC. ATC06.