Can't See The Pictures On The Geocaching.com

storm1

i don't see the 2 pictures that say "the sport where you are the search engine".

there's no red X's...just 2 gray blocks.

is it a setting on my computer?

we tried to figure it out because we can see the pictures on my wifes laptop so we were comparing setting?

i don't see the 2 pictures that say "the sport where you are the search engine".

we tried to figure it out because we can see the pictures on my wifes laptop so we were comparing setting?

And the rest of the images in the page? And the two gray blocks, they are completely empty of anything?

Edited by Team Cotati

And the rest of the images in the page?

all other images are fine

The target links for these image are:

http://www.geocaching.com/Gallery/banner.aspx?IID=bc3167....[snip]

The "banner" in the link will trigger most ad blockers.

See if your ad blocker has a white list you can add the page to. If your using the latest version of the Firefox extension AdBlock, you can add the following to your filter list, and it won't block the images:

@@*geocaching.com/Gallery/banner.*

Edited by Prime Suspect

I was having the same problem - this thread got me thinking. I see that I had:

"Load Images - For the originating website only" as a preferences:content setting on my Firefox. If the images are hosted on Groundspeak.com... Hmmm... Add to excepted sites and fixed! :rolleyes:

I was having trouble with the gallery images as well - no longer! Hooray for forums...

I can see all photos- except log/gallery photos are thumbnail only and log photo area shows previous and next arrows only--should I try adjusting my ad blocker similar to others in this forum?--I have Firefox in my ZoneAlarm--any suggestions from forum readers? Not sure what process to follow.

I used to be able to enlarge but now can't--I'm sure it's related to the ZoneAlarm but don't know steps to fix.

Thanks in advanced!!! from Ohio--brakeguy47

I can see all photos- except log/gallery photos are thumbnail only and log photo area shows previous and next arrows only--should I try adjusting my ad blocker similar to others in this forum?--I have Firefox in my ZoneAlarm--any suggestions from forum readers? Not sure what process to follow.

I used to be able to enlarge but now can't--I'm sure it's related to the ZoneAlarm but don't know steps to fix.

Thanks in advanced!!! from Ohio--brakeguy47

I am have the same kinda problem on IE6 with ETrust Security Suite I have added the groundseak and geocaching. com sites to my allowed list but I still only see a grey box outline whne I go to look at pictures in a log. Any help would be great .

I am have the same kinda problem on IE6 with ETrust Security Suite I have added the groundseak and geocaching. com sites to my allowed list but I still only see a grey box outline whne I go to look at pictures in a log. Any help would be great .

Add img.geocaching.com to your allowed list.

Lil Devil, I'm not sure how I get img.geocaching.com set up so I can add it to my allowed list in Zone Alarm.

please help if you can--thanks, brakeguy47

Well I did that and I still cant see the images. I can see the smaller images on a cache page but when I try to see the image in its larger view all I get is the grey shadow box with out an image.

Well I did that and I still cant see the images. I can see the smaller images on a cache page but when I try to see the image in its larger view all I get is the grey shadow box with out an image.

Finally fixed my photo problem: looked back through these replies---looked at my Zone Alarm privacy: allowed img.Groundspeak.com and turned off the ad-blocker in privacy window--now I can see photos on cache pages as well as enlarge them. Thanks to all who had replied to this item. brakeguy47 ;)

Because of this hokey ad blocker issue we're planning to just have dns set for img.geocaching.com to point to the same machine. I think if it was the same domain it would be ok for most of these applications.

We have to host the images elsewhere - there are over 1 million of them!

I think that should be img.Groundspeak.com, shouldn't it? (I don't know why the "g" is capitalized... that's not how I typed it.)

I had the same issue. In the eTrust Personal Firewall, click on "Privacy", and then click the "site list" tab.

Anywhere on the line for img.Groundspeak.com, right-click so that a box appears with "Remove" and "Options" in it; left-click on "Options".

When the "Site options" window appears, click on the "Ad blocking" tab. Uncheck the box for "Banner/skyscraper ads". Click "OK".

(I also did this for the www.geocaching.com one too, but I don't know if it was necessary.)

(edit: all of this may be moot given Jeremy's previous reply)

Edited by the hermit crabs