New

magellan01

But he or she may visit while geocaching if it is close to were they live.

You should read the Guidlines before you place your cache. There is more to hidding a cache than just finding a place to put it. Also, place the cache before you submit it for approval, there are people that will go search for the cache within minutes of it be approved and posted. If you do not want to palce it first, leave a note for the approver to post it as disabled and mention in the cache discription that the cache has not been placed.

Edited by JohnnyVegas

You should read the  Guidlines  before you place your cache. There is more to hidding a cache than just finding a place to put it. Also, place the cache before you submit it for approval, there are people that will go search for the cache within minutes of it be approved and posted. If you do not want to palce it first, leave a note for the approver to post it as disabled and mention in the cache discription that the cache has not been placed.

I will second that. I missed out on FTF once because I got to the site a few hours before the cache was placed. When I finally had time to go back 3 people had already found it.

You should read the  Guidlines  before you place your cache. There is more to hidding a cache than just finding a place to put it. Also, place the cache before you submit it for approval, there are people that will go search for the cache within minutes of it be approved and posted. If you do not want to palce it first, leave a note for the approver to post it as disabled and mention in the cache discription that the cache has not been placed.

I will second that. I missed out on FTF once because I got to the site a few hours before the cache was placed. When I finally had time to go back 3 people had already found it.

On my last FTF I received the cache notification at 2:45 and signed the log 18 minutes later at 3:03. I've been FTF on others when I left home at 11:30 PM and it was a 2.5 mile round trip walk after I got to the parking site. By all means, have the cache in place BEFORE listing the thing as active!

In order to know if the volunteer visits, you must know the username that they use. Most of the volunteers have a separate account just for approving caches and/ or moderating (If they are Moderators as well.)

I was thinking that the OP meant did the reviewer 'physically' visit the cache. Crimminie! :D

The reviewer of course must 'view' the cache listing that the OP submits, then if everything checks out he will activate it leaving a note of the fact. Or he will send a message to the hider for additional info or what ever.

I guess it all might depend upon what the definition of 'visit' IS. It seems to me that the evidence of a 'view' 'visit' by a reviewer is fairly obvious.

As far as a 'physical' 'visit', the answer remains: No. B)

Edited by Team Cotati