Paperless Caching With Laptop How You Do It?

Firefly15

I just bought a laptop and wanted to find a program that I could download to it so I can do paperless caches while on vacation instead of having to be online. Has anyone done this? I am sure you can do it but with what program. I am a premium member to GC.

Thanks Bryan AKA Firefly15

Firedragon616@msn.com

For the caching, I have GSAK on the laptop.... works great since you can download all the cache info (if premium user). I also have the mapping tools on mine like mapsource for streets, and TopoFusion for topo and satalite maps (you can cache images for the area you are going to). And I've recently loaded nRoute for voice response while traveling.

I loaded GSAK last night to my laptop. I don't know if I had too high of expectations or if it is all user error. Is it possible to see the logs? I end up with the pocket query in a table that shows lat/long, name of cache, etc. What I need to know though is there a way to view all the logs offline not just the summary I currently get? Also, is there any good set of instructins for GSAK? I appreciate any assistance ya'll have.

Thanks- Bryan (Firefly15)

Is it possible to see the logs? I end up with the pocket query in a table that shows lat/long, name of cache, etc. What I need to know though is there a way to view all the logs offline not just the summary I currently get?

First make sure your getting a GPX file and not an LOC file from GC.com

Second if you are getting a GPX file and have it loaded in GSAK you can view the cache data off line by one of the following...

1) Press the F2 key or click on View / Hide Split Screen. This will the details for any cache you click on including the last five logs.

2) You can also try double clicking on the cache you want to view, GSAK will open a new browser window with the off line detail.

Also, is there any good set of instructins for GSAK?

There is a forum for GSAK Help.....