Garmin 60 Cx

I recieved my Garmin 60 Cx from Phil @lake powell thee other day, went down picked up " city nav. north america v7 " took me a little time to figure that out :ph34r: that reminds me I have to call chuy let him know I finaly got it to work for me, all my falt not a software problem :mad: anyway I also picked up a 512 mb card so far I have down loaded all of the following States.

CA. " Used up only 359 mb on the 512 card "

AZ.

COL.

UT.

NEV. The 60 Cx is awesome very happy with it, a lot different than my mag.

NM. sport trak pro but I will soon get use to it :ph34r:

TEX.

OKL.

AR.

duckit, How much was your 512 card? I saw one on buy.com for $48.99 but i wasn't sure if that was a good price.

That price is about right...and sounds like TigerGPS where I got mine from. Had it in 2 days and have loaded CitySelect v7 for all of eastern Canada, all of New England, NY, NJ, PA, eastern Ohio, eastern Michigan, MD, DE, VA, and WestVA. Also have almost the same entire area covered in Topo...plus Tide Charts for the whole area. Life is good.

Have you found a simple way to switch back and forth between the CS and Topo maps?

It seems the individual segments of each product does not have the same coverage areas. With over 200 map segments of each product loaded in my 60CSx there are a lot of individual segment checkmarks to turn on/off.

I hope there is a better way. <_<

Edited by LaneO

It seems the individual segments of each product does not have the same coverage areas. With over 200 map segments of each product loaded in my 60CSx there are a lot of individual segment checkmarks to turn on/off.

Exactly my thoughts. It might be better to get two 256MB cards, load them up for each area and switch whenever its needed.

Or is it me or does the turn based instruction dumb down depending on what map you use?

I'm also finding weird little errors in direction. CN doesn't seem to take into account some tertiary roads. <_<

also, what's the best way to optimize redraw times?

Exactly my thoughts. It might be better to get two 256MB cards, load them up for each area and switch whenever its needed.

At least the SD Trans Flash Micros are a breeze to swap. Of course you have to power down first. <_<

Edited by LaneO
Have you found a simple way to switch back and forth between the CS and Topo maps?

I hope there is a better way.

There is. When you're on the page with all the checkboxes you can press MENU again and get another page with choices something like 'Show All' 'Show City Select' 'Show Topo' or 'Show None'.

Now, if someone can just tell me whether or not a larger card/more data affects redraw times, than i can finally go off caching...

I have my 512MB card almost maxed out, and I haven't noticed any redraw delay. That was a concern for me since the more maps I load on my Explorist 500, the slower it gets, and I expected the 60Cx to perform similarly. From my experience, it does not.