Feature Request-puzzle Coordinate Editing

darwinmay

I was looking at some puzzle caches today and saw a few I had solved a while ago but couldn't remember how I solved it. Could the website incorporate a "Solved-Display correct coordinates" option where the user would enter their own coords for a cache, and possibly even include this information in PQs?

Thanks,

BlueNinja

Do you mean a special field that the owner would fill in the actual coordinates of the physical cache?

And then based on whether you found it or not would allow you to see the actual coordinates displayed or not?

If that is what you mean, that would be an interesting idea.

With the new "additional waypoints" feature in GPX files, I wonder if a new type of flag could be added.

Like "Viewable if found"

But the problem with that is, people could just log a FOUND IT to get the answer.

I guess if you want to cheat that badly you could ask a previous finder... so maybe it would be like people that read the decrypted hints before actually looking....

The GSAK option is better, or keep a file yourself might work better too.

:lol: The Blue Quasar

Do you mean a special field that the owner would fill in the actual coordinates of the physical cache?

And then based on whether you found it or not would allow you to see the actual coordinates displayed or not?

wouldn't work, because people could just log a find and the puzzle would automatically be solved for them. then they could just delete their log and actually find the physical cache without actually solving anything at all.

ben

I was looking at some puzzle caches today and saw a few I had solved a while ago but couldn't remember how I solved it. Could the website incorporate a "Solved-Display correct coordinates" option where the user would enter their own coords for a cache, and possibly even include this information in PQs?

You could create a "Solved puzzle cache" bookmark list. Whenever you solve one, just add it to the list and include the real coords in the comment field. When you go back to the page later, you'd know right away that it was a solved one, since you'd see it in the "My bookmark lists" area of the cache page. (Make sure to make it not shared and not public :lol: )

This wouldn't help with the PQ part of your request, though.