Win A Volunteer Geocoin!

The Leprechauns

Have you been hoping to score one of the coveted Groundspeak Volunteer Geocoins? If so, and if you live in or near Pennsylvania, you may be the lucky winner of one. I have just announced a contest that will award a Volunteer coin to the first person to enter 40 new waymarks in my "Pennsylvania Historic Markers" category at Waymarking.com. Full details are in this thread in the Waymarking Forum.

Take a break from the geocoin forums and watching eBay, and get out on the road to do some Waymarking! This could be your reward:

0952929f-2325-4458-997c-6444a4f085af.jpg

Ummm, this involves waymarks, not geocaches. :( So finding my caches is kinda sorta irrelevant to this free giveaway. But if I had offered a coin to the first person who found all of my caches, that wouldn't be inconsistent with my posted cache logging rules.

Anyways, back to dreaming of a free geocoin, and a nice roadtrip to see old buildings, covered bridges, battlefield sites and so forth. :(

Edited by The Leprechauns
hmmm, it's getting harder and harder to avoid Waymarking  :lol:

No, it's not. :lol:

I agree. It borders on ridiculous. I do not need a gps to find a "McDonalds" seems like a commercial promotion, hmm...I thought that was a "no-no". Maybe TPTB struck some sort of deal.

Seems like that is a valid observation to make over in the Waymarking Forum. If you follow my link to the thread I started over there, you will see that I am poking fun at the McDonald's category specifically. I would really, really like to see something else become the "busiest" Waymarking category, and my category is running a close second. So, the contest was my idea to make that happen! :P

Have you been hoping to score one of the coveted Groundspeak Volunteer Geocoins?

No. Why would someone want an emblem that says "I gave freely of my time so someone else could make a profit off of the people I'm volunteering for"?

I'm not really into "volunteering" for a for-profit corporation. I'll reserve my volunteering for the local animal shelter and other people and animals that can't help themselves.

Have you been hoping to score one of the coveted Groundspeak Volunteer Geocoins?

No. Why would someone want an emblem that says "I gave freely of my time so someone else could make a profit off of the people I'm volunteering for"?

I'm not really into "volunteering" for a for-profit corporation. I'll reserve my volunteering for the local animal shelter and other people and animals that can't help themselves.

Thanks ever so much for the off-topic comments. My daughter and I also enjoy volunteering time at a local animal shelter. By taking shelter dogs for walks in the park, this helps with not being able to own a dog ourselves. The dogs seem to feel better, too. :ph34r:

Thanks ever so much for the off-topic comments. My daughter and I also enjoy volunteering time at a local animal shelter. By taking shelter dogs for walks in the park, this helps with not being able to own a dog ourselves. The dogs seem to feel better, too. :ph34r:

Sorry you think a direct answer to a direct question was "off topic" because you didn't get the answer you were hoping for.

But thanks for helping out at your shelter, the animals thank you too.

WOW that was quick and I figured as well that it would be a one day trip for some one in a widely historic area. I did have a 2 day road trip planed to 2 PA countys to complete the quest for this coin ( when time allowed as I have to work sometime)I figured rufley 200 miles for the markers if I found them as I was traveling from Wheeling WV to try for this coin.Congrats to the winner !!!