Trigpoints

Don't forget that not all Trigpoints have access to them. Thats what the unreachable but visible log is for. Its your call how you log it, I wont be deleting your log :(

However, I tend to get to most of the ones I log, it can make it more fun.

Edited by Deego
Don't forget that not all Trigpoints have legal access  to them. Thats what the unreachable but visible log is for.  Its your call how you log it, I wont be deleting your log  :(

At CLRC Daresbury Laboratory, where the incident occurred there was no indication that this was Private property, It was on a Public Road, with no fence Gate or visible security. But we were informed that visiting the Location was prohibited. I made this clear in my Trigpointing Log. But if anyone does fancy a night in a Military Police cell feel free to visit.

Moote

Edit : Link to log added CLRC Daresbury

Edited by Moote

Great replies so far. I normally do walk to the trigs, just today I was driving past and saw one a few hundred yards on top of a small hill. I would have stopped and walked to it but the drivers behind me might not like trigpoints the same as me, and I could not see another way to it. I will leave it for now and see if there is a way to it next time I'm passing as it is not that far from where I live.

Just wondered what the general opinion is?

I work on the basis that I should touch it.

I will make exceptions though - If I can see it, but need to walk over/through a crop to get there I'll claim it without walking through the crops. If I can see it, but I'd clearly be unwelcome getting from there I am to the trig I'll log it as unreachable. If I can't see it, and it is unreachable I don't log it. I don't count a missing trig as missing until I've looked myself.

Just seeing it, for instance, from the car - I wouldn't count that, although if you do, fine, as long as you don't overtake me on the table!, bear in mind that the chances are on you'd be able 2 - 6 other trigs from the one you are at, so on a clear day with a pair of binoculars you could get some serious numbers done if seeing it was the only criteria.

Why do them - there is a radius around my house where caches are thin on the ground. So, I get the trigs as well. Sometimes it's fun for a change, there is almost always a good and sometimes unexpected view from a trig.

I went for one a couple of months ago and it turned out to be in the middle of one of the thickest thickets I have seen. I scrabbled around for quite a while but never actually set eyes on it. When I looked at the GPSr log it was evident I had been all round it.

Sad I could not log it as it is a YOSM! :lol: