Tb Photos

Poidawg

I do not have access to a digital camera quite yet. I noticed some of the TB owners request to have their bugs get a photo of where they have been. I feel bad that I don't have the ability to get a shot on the computer, should I stop taking the TB's? I am very aware of the TB's need to travel and have moved two so far, making sure I read where they want to go and being good about trying to get them to their destinations or at least closer to their destinations...does everyone take a photo and post it when you handle a TB? Or just when the TB owner asks? Or what.....Thanks

I feel bad that I don't have the ability to get a shot on the computer, should I stop taking the TB's?

Absolutely not! Continue to move TBs along even if you can't post a photo. Even though I do have a digital camera I don't always take pictures of TBs as I move them along. If I can find a place where I can take an interesting photo then I will, if I can't then I don't.

Don't worry about it :( . Most bugs I've seen (or own) that request pictures actually get them in only about 10% of the logs anyway -- like you, not everyone has a digital camera, or don't have the time to take pictures ona busy caching day, or can't think of an appropriate shot to take.

One thing you could do instead -- a "word picture." An interesting log -- something other than "Found it, will move along soon," even if it's just a couple of sentences -- is often as good a picture.

I'm preparinig to release my first TB, and here is how I worded it:

"Current GOAL: Hi, I'm Cache Commando Joe, and I have been assigned to inspect at least one cache in each state in the USA, then return home to Greencastle Indiana. Pictures of me in cool caches is a bonus mission. Carry On! "

By making the pictures a "Bonus" mission it becomes optional, and folks won't have to fret if they don't have a camera. :lol:

One thing you could do instead -- a "word picture." An interesting log -- something other than "Found it, will move along soon," even if it's just a couple of sentences -- is often as good a picture.

Absolutely. You don't have to write a novel, just a couple of descriptive sentences. "Left this in a cache in rural Indiana. Saw a wild goat. Got poison ivy."

It gives the owner a better sense of the adventure.