Announcing The Absolute Caching Coin

AtlantaGal

Sometime in the wee a.m. hours 2/16 oak coins/geoswag mail list subscribers will receive a notice that these coins are available for sale.

The international folks should be real happy about that since they'll be awake at that time and the rest of us will be asleep, lol.

LE is limited to 2 per person/group order.

Would love to get a couple before the lawsuit takes off!  :ph34r:

Never happen. It's clearly a parody and no copyrighted trademarks are being used anywhere on the coin. Absolut is trademarked. Absolute is not :anibad: And that face in the label is GeoNap not Lenin/Stalin or whoever the dude who is really used on the Absolut label.

8. The following trademarks and all related logos and designs used herein are owned by V&S and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent or related companies:

ABSOLUT bottle design

Truth of the matter is... it's a bottle... no more... no less... No one has a trademark on a bottle. It's a geocoin too... it's not exactly as if we're saying that we're making vodka. You can draw whatever inferrences you want, but bottom line is that it's not a copyright infringement plain and simple. Case closed. :)

Actually, V&S etc do have a trademark on the bottle design, and a court would likely find in their favor. If it really ever got that far. But what they don't know won't hurt them. And, of course, I bought mine. :)

"I just finished doing a dozen flaming shots in a row of Absolut Peppar and kerosene and apparently missed out on this sale. Can somebody *hiccup* please trade me one for a handful of Beer Nuts and a half-eaten Moon Pie?"

The moral of this story is PRIORITIES, people! No excuses! You missed the boat, now jump in and doggie paddle.

You're not truly addicted to geocoins if you can't have the common decency to call off of work, or just toss the kid in the crib when coins are up for sale. Sheesh.

:ph34r:

(The above was purely sarcasm, and any offense taken should be directed at AtlantaGal for no other reason than she can take a joke like a champion)

How can I get on the mailing list for geoswag? I went to the site but don't see a sign-up list.

Their list is made up of customers. So in order to get on their email list, you would have had to purchase something from them at one time or another. However, the link that subscribers received is the same link I included in the first post of this thread. So if you were sneaky (and some people were), you could have purchased coins a few minutes before the email was actually sent.

Has anyone made sure this is okay with one particular vodka company's legal department?

I know you have a million reasons why it's really -not- their logo, etc., but some companies, as a matter of policy, simply treat any situation where the logo they own can be "diluted" by unauthorozed use as a litigational matter.

--Marc

February 16, 2006 @ 4:54 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Has anyone made sure this is okay with one particular vodka company's legal department?

I know you have a million reasons why it's really -not- their logo, etc., but some companies, as a matter of policy, simply treat any situation where the logo they own can be "diluted" by unauthorozed use as a litigational matter.

--Marc

February 16, 2006 @ 4:54 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Their logo isn't used. Look at the spelling.

It's a parody COIN not a glass bottle filled with liquor (which is what the trademark refers to).

And I really WISH some of you would let it go already! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The coin is sold. It won't be minted again. It's over. LET IT GO!

Edited by AtlantaGal