Announcing The Absolute Caching Coin

AtlantaGal

This thread is just a heads up.

GeoNap and myself have come up with the following coin design that is currently in production now that the modified artwork has been approved by Groundspeak. We have selected a vendor to help with the sale and distribution of this coin. Due to vendor policy, this coin will not be presold/for sale until shortly before the order is delivered, which is tentatively set for mid-February (this should give you a hint as to what vendor is being used) :mad:

Comp of artwork:

AbsoluteComp.jpg

Custom icon:

absoluteicon32.gif

The Absolute Caching coin will be geocaching.com trackable with custom icon.

1.75" tall

2D, 2D

550 total coins minted

150 LE in Antique Brass - $7.97 ea.

400 in Antique Silver - $6.97 ea.

The sale page will BE HERE. We'll also post an update as to the date and time of the coin sale once we have that information finalized.

Hope you like what we've come up with...

AG & GeoNap

Edited by AtlantaGal

EDIT:  Colors suggest blueberry and orange.

Those would be the other 2. Have to keep that art low res or my free webspace bandwidth will be gone :mad:

No olive? I know you're featuring flavors here, but nothing says Absolut(e) (or Stoli or Skyy or Ketel One or Grey Goose or Finlandia or Rain ... or Mr. Boston, for that matter) quite like the olive.

Put that in the stolen coin ideas bank.

EDIT: Who markets blueberry vodka?

©¿©¬

Edited by kcart
Would love to get a couple before the lawsuit takes off!  :(

Never happen. It's clearly a parody and no copyrighted trademarks are being used anywhere on the coin. Absolut is trademarked. Absolute is not :mad: And that face in the label is GeoNap not Lenin/Stalin or whoever the dude who is really used on the Absolut label.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Never happen. It's clearly a parody and no copyrighted trademarks are being used anywhere on the coin. Absolut is trademarked. Absolute is not :mad: And that face in the label is GeoNap not Lenin/Stalin or whoever the dude who is really used on the Absolut label.

Thin ice

8. The following trademarks and all related logos and designs used herein are owned by V&S and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent or related companies:

ABSOLUT bottle design

The use or misuse of these trademarks or any content of this Site, except as provided above, is strictly prohibited. All other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark owners.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

©¿©¬

P.S. The "dude" is Lars Olsson Smith. Google it.

ABSOLUT bottle design

This is a flat coin not a glass bottle with booze inside. Trademarks (not copyrights) typically revolve around usage of the same exact product/solgan and/or within the same industry. Neither of which apply. And I don't care to debate this issue further. Please start another thread if you like :( Thanks.

Never happen. It's clearly a parody and no copyrighted trademarks are being used anywhere on the coin. Absolut is trademarked. Absolute is not :( And that face in the label is GeoNap not Lenin/Stalin or whoever the dude who is really used on the Absolut label.

Thin ice

8. The following trademarks and all related logos and designs used herein are owned by V&S and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent or related companies:

ABSOLUT bottle design

The use or misuse of these trademarks or any content of this Site, except as provided above, is strictly prohibited. All other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark owners.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

©¿©¬

Truth of the matter is... it's a bottle... no more... no less... No one has a trademark on a bottle. It's a geocoin too... it's not exactly as if we're saying that we're making vodka. You can draw whatever inferrences you want, but bottom line is that it's not a copyright infringement plain and simple. Case closed. :(

Never happen. It's clearly a parody and no copyrighted trademarks are being used anywhere on the coin. Absolut is trademarked. Absolute is not :( And that face in the label is GeoNap not Lenin/Stalin or whoever the dude who is really used on the Absolut label.

Thin ice

ABSOLUT bottle design

©¿©¬

Truth of the matter is... it's a bottle... no more... no less... No one has a trademark on a bottle. It's a geocoin too... it's not exactly as if we're saying that we're making vodka. You can draw whatever inferrences you want, but bottom line is that it's not a copyright infringement plain and simple. Case closed. :(

I would have to agree that I don't see any trademark problems, but what about family friendly, hope my kid doesn't want this one :(

If you're implying that there are multiple flavors of caching, wouldn't it make more sense to have the traditional, multi, virtual and puzzle icons on there?

Yep it would and was an idea tossed around with the artist. He actually talked me out of it, lol!

But since you actually got the implication of the coin's meaning without those, I'd say it's not necessary. Besides, the flavors were GeoNaps idea. I just elected to replace the "text" with actual images. This is a joint-effort coin, remember.

But since you actually got the implication of the coin's meaning without those, I'd say it's not necessary. Besides, the flavors were GeoNaps idea. I just elected to replace the "text" with actual images. This is a joint-effort coin, remember.

What is the point of the fruit choices? As in why those fruits?

But since you actually got the implication of the coin's meaning without those, I'd say it's not necessary. Besides, the flavors were GeoNaps idea. I just elected to replace the "text" with actual images.  This is a joint-effort coin, remember.

I'll leave the first part for GeoNap to respond to.

Those fruits match the "colors".

From the vodka site's page:

Absolut Vodka is available in 7 different flavors together with plain Absolut Vodka:

Absolut Peppar (The first flavored Absolut Vodka launched in 1986, chile pepper flavor)

Absolut Citron (Lemon flavor launched in 1988)

Absolut Kurant (Blackcurrant flavor launched in 1992)

Absolut Mandrin (Orange and mandarin flavor mix launched in 1999)

Absolut Vanilia (Vanilla flavor launched in 2003)

Absolut Raspberri (Raspberry flavor launched in 2004)

Absolut Apeach(Peach flavor launched in 2005).

Absolut Cut is the latest drink creation from Absolut. A Swedish spirit tonic, this unique pre-mix blends sparkling water and natural citrus flavours with Absolut Vodka.

I suppose those I highlighted must be three of the four colors (kurant is a stretch for the blue, and since the pepper is chile pepper it is hard to associated it with green at all) :(

From the vodka site's page:
Absolut Vodka is available in 7 different flavors together with plain Absolut Vodka:

Absolut Peppar (The first flavored Absolut Vodka launched in 1986, chile pepper flavor)

Absolut Citron (Lemon flavor launched in 1988)

Absolut Kurant (Blackcurrant flavor launched in 1992)

Absolut Mandrin (Orange and mandarin flavor mix launched in 1999)

Absolut Vanilia (Vanilla flavor launched in 2003)

Absolut Raspberri (Raspberry flavor launched in 2004)

Absolut Apeach(Peach flavor launched in 2005).

Absolut Cut is the latest drink creation from Absolut. A Swedish spirit tonic, this unique pre-mix blends sparkling water and natural citrus flavours with Absolut Vodka.

I suppose those I highlighted must be three of the four colors (kurant is a stretch for the blue, and since the pepper is chile pepper it is hard to associated it with green at all) :lol:

Look at that... PDXMM is a vodka expert! :lol:

But since you actually got the implication of the coin's meaning without those, I'd say it's not necessary. Besides, the flavors were GeoNaps idea. I just elected to replace the "text" with actual images.  This is a joint-effort coin, remember.

I'll leave the first part for GeoNap to respond to.

Those fruits match the "colors".

AG is exactly right... the fruits were chosen to match the colors...

I think it's a great coin,but I would have liked to see the cache types instead of the fruits. IMHO... Flavors of caching would better be represented by cache types instead of the fruits.If it were colors of caching, i could see it. Either way, I would still buy it because it is unique.

Ahhhh! Finally, one coin that comes in my color and flavor !

I’ll take four of each over rocks, (insert a hic-up here)!

Thanks bartender, keep the rest (wink-wink) for your tip.

Very cool design, Nice job! I can’t wait to order.

I hope the wife gives me more in my allowance that week!

Now I have to go and chill till then !

SF1

Edited by strikeforce1