Exotic Caches

JR The Kid

The Summer House I doubt if this is quite what you're looking for. But it was the odd highlight of caching in Washington D.C. A gorgeous little place on the Capitol grounds. One that I didn't know about even though I lived in the Virginia D.C. suburbs for 6 years. Also, being on the Capitol grounds, it gets a lot of security attention. I was there about 20 minuts early one morning and 3 different very crisp fellows came through and wished me a good morning. Might be a tough place to film.
The Summer House I doubt if this is quite what you're looking for. But it was the odd highlight of caching in Washington D.C. A gorgeous little place on the Capitol grounds. One that I didn't know about even though I lived in the Virginia D.C. suburbs for 6 years. Also, being on the Capitol grounds, it gets a lot of security attention. I was there about 20 minuts early one morning and 3 different very crisp fellows came through and wished me a good morning. Might be a tough place to film.

That was a really interesting cache. The spot is right under everyone's noses.

What is your definition of exotic? One of my favorites was deep in an iron mine built by Thomas Edison. He constructed a huge complex in the 1890's and lost a million bucks on it (lots of money back then) and it was closed down by 1900. Still, the foundations, mines and materials still exist, though the area has turned back to woodland and is now a wildlife management area.

Its a fascinating spot. Exotic? Maybe.

We tried to find a cache in Hawaii which required finding a stage with grappling hook you used after climibing down to a lava flow beach and then fished for the actual cache off the edge of the lava flow. Very cool. I think I would still be fishing for it if my wife had not dragged me away.