24 Hour Record Run In May 2005 Coin

geoPirat

Update 2006-01-26: After 23 hours, I have received orders for 127 coins - Thank you. So I have 40 coins left for sale, if you are interested.

Thank you to all my friends and co-coin-addicts :) who have ordered - I will send you either paypal invoices in a few weeks or answer your trade offers soon.

>

Hello from Germany!

I am taking the chance to post my Coin here because due to the change of this Forum guidelines, non-trackable coins may only be posted when the making process was under way. As I have ordered these coins b ythe end of last year, I am taking this chance :) .

Last year around Geowoodstock 3 in Jacksonville my friends and me had the chance to set the new (and standing) 24 hour geocaching record for the most finds in a 24 hour period. Some background about this can be found here Geocaching Fourms on 24 hour record run . Some background on my person can be found here geoPirat Homepage .

Together with my german geoBuddy Huskie and the great support of the fine NEFGA guys (The Federation - planning, IceCreamMan - Planning and Driver, Cache & Keri - Support and spare driver) we found 263 caches and many new friends.

In honour of the support and friendship and the team - achievement I designed this Personal Coin.

Only 263 coins (Antique Silver) will be made with consecutive numbering. A maximum of 163 coins are for sale, the rest are reserved for the record team and for trade.

The making of the coins is underway and I should have them in my hands by the end of feburary. I wanted to post here when they were ready to ship, but the change of guidelines for non-trackable has made me posting this now.

You can see the design of the coins here . . .

46d63c13-b42e-463a-a6eb-47b4ac590bb6.jpg

d24c59e6-10ed-4562-8dfc-1ad08052d082.jpg

Attention: On the Back Side it reads "Trackable at GC.COM" - this will be changed in the final design as the Coins are NOT trackable on GC.COM.

The price for the coins are 7,50 Euro or 9 US Dollars per coin, the shipping (not insured) to Europe or US for up to 4 coins is 2,50 Euro / 3 US Dollars. If you want to order higher quantities, contact me for the shipping costs.

If you want to (pre-)order coins, email me at geopirat@web.de and inculde following information:

Subject line: 24 hours Record Run Coin order

GeoName:

Adress:

PayPal eMail:

How many coins do you want:

PayPal invoice will be sent out after samples are received / in approx. 3 weeks. If you have any questions just ask....

Happy hunting :)

Edited by geoPirat

Found the text of the change of rules . . .

rules change.

"3. To answer several questions about non-trackable geocoins that are already in process, we recognize that the owners of these coins were relying on the ability to publicize their coins in this forum. So, if you have a non-trackable geocoin that has already been produced, it is OK to offer it for sale here. To help our moderators, please state in your post that your coin series was produced prior to the announcement of the new forum guidelines. Note that abuse of this allowance will not be tolerated."

. . .

Could not find it at my office PC, but had the link on my Laptop.

I *heard* there is a group that is going to try and beat this record at GW4 :)  that's alot of caches.

Hm Hm . . . I have to admit that I am guilty of going to try to break our own (or a new one) record this may at GW4 in Dallas. I must be crazy to do this a second time :)

but I am looking forward to it :)

And there may be others teams as well that are going for the world record around GW4 as well.

Happy hunting,

geoPirat

geoPirat Homepage

(edited to correct misunderstandable term)

Edited by geoPirat

As per Rothsafari's post in the new guidelines thread:

Some answers:

Let me start by noting that prior to releasing the policy, a last minute decision was made to allow the trading of non-trackable coins. This was done in order to encourage the creation and use of non-trackable coins while still limiting sales of coins in the Groundspeak forums to those that were trackable.

Sure, people might try to work around those rules and some, or most, might actually get away with it. However, those who use the forums to promote the sale of their non-trackable coins and get caught will be punished somehow. Hopefully the threat of punishment will be enough of a deterrent. If not, it is our problem to address.

So, here is an answer to some of the questions:

So, here are official questions on the new guidelines:

1: Can we only discuss designs of coins that will be trackable?

2: If I'm offering a non-trackable coin for trade can I post its image (within acceptable community standards of course)

3: If I'm working on a non-trackable coin, can I solicit design comments/critisism?

1. If the coin will eventually be sold, then you can only discuss designs of coins that will be trackable. Otherwise, we will consider it promotion of the coin. If the coin will not be sold, then you can discuss the design.

Note: If we find out that you sold a non-trackable coin after promoting it (through the use of design input solicitation) in the Groundspeak geocoin forums, you will be subject to moderation, the severity of which will solely depend on our perception of the intent of your action.

2. Yes. Same Note above applies.

3. Yes, unless the coin will be sold. Please refer to the answer to #1.

--------------------

Rothstafari

Groundspeak

This coin is not trackable and this thread is being used solely for sales, thus I am closing it. If you decide to make the coin trackable, you can repost with a new thread at that time.

Eartha

Volunteer Groundspeak Forum Moderator

Edited by Eartha

Due to a misinterpretation of GeoPirat's original post, I did not get the fact that these coins were already in production and had passed the point of no return. therefore I am re-opening this thread to continue with it.

I have replaced the deleted information and you may proceed.

Edited by Eartha
Due to a misinterpretation of GeoPirat's original post, I did not get the fact that these coins were already in production and had passed the point of no return. therefore I am re-opening this thread to continue with it.

I have replaced the deleted information and you may proceed.

This thread had been locked by Eartha and the selling onformation had been removed.

Thank you very much Eartha for taking the time to consider things over and reopen my thread !

I am sorry if I misinterpreted guidelines or should have contacted you before - I was thinking that my posting was okay with the (changed) guidelines.

Happy hunting !

Are you sending confirmation emails to those who ordered? I placed an order yesterday from my work email address of sgomer@XXXXX.com (before the thread lock) and haven't heard anything.

Hello from Germany!

Yes, I will send confirmation eMails this weekend - a question of time as I have received quite many eMails and did not want a send a standard Auto-responder mail, as many of my caching friends ;) have answered and I have some trade offers :lol: .

2006-01-27: So far, less than 20 coins are left for those who might be interested. Sales should be closed tonight.

Happy hunting !

Due to some change of orders after sending confirmation, some coins are left for sale - if you have interest, send me an eMail as posted at the beginning of this thread.

I have sent confirmation eMails to all those who have ordered and have requested some additional information from some of you. Please answer via eMail if I mailed you that data was incomplete. All others that have received an eMail from me do not need to respond.

Those who have offered trades will be contacted soon.

Thank you for your orders & offers and your friendly mails,

geoPirat