Category Announcement Email

I would like to propose an additional feature of Waymarking.com as to an email list that you could subscribe to that would announce new categories added.

Why? Because I just noticed some categories that I had not seen before. They were either new categories or categories that were below my filter in popularity. (BTW, I have now changed my filter to see 100%.)

I frequently travel and just found some categories where I could have recorded waymarks from frequent trips.

I have copied the current categories in a "handy, dandy" list that I keep in my PDA and in my car that reminds me of what to look for when out and about. It would be great to know when categories are added so that I can update my list.

OR...make a printable page that just list all the categories possibly like this:

Places

Places > Buildings

Places > Buildings > Arenas > Curling Clubs

Things

Things > Historic Things

Things > Historic Things > Time Capsules

Things > Historic Things > Town Clocks

There is an option to see the entire list of categories but it is not ordered nor very printer friendly.

Thanks for the consideration!

yes, some sort of notification....i have little time to find stuff, and looking for 'new stuff' is not easy. the tree has been talked about quite a bit. it seems to do what everyone wants it to. just color code it--new ones (last 7 days) in red, maybe last 14 days in blue, and then it could have something in accordance with the category.