Be Careful Of Fraud

Hugh Jazz

Without naming names or giving out too much detail, I'd just like to post a general warning about online trading.

It came to my attention a few days ago that someone was offering a certain "silvery" LE coin online, and since I had "inside info," I knew the offer as stated was wrong. On further investigation I discovered that they were offering regular coins as LE because they simply thought they looked "silvery." A trader without "inside information" would have gotten ripped. I got the admins of the site to pull the ad for a serious but unrelated violation of that site's rules, but I notice they're back on again with more ads and have removed the claim of LE, in fact have removed almost all claims and have no images either.

I guess what I'm saying is, be careful out there. Contact the original minter (as well as the seller) of the coin if you have any questions, if something doesn't seem right.

Also, if you are considering minting a limited edition coin, and the only differentiating characteristic is the color of the metal, it might be good to have an extra alphanumeric character stamped into the coin to identify it as an LE, or to use a range of serial numbers that is non-overlapping with the regular edition, that way there could be no doubt, for example stamp an "L" in addition to whatever serial/tracker number you use, or use (for example) serial #s 001-050 for the LE, and 051-XXX for the regular edition.

-HJ

Edited by Hugh Jazz