Wanted: Used Pda For Paperless Caching

Does anyone have any PDA's they are looking to get rid of that would be good for paperless caching? I've seen a few go for $20.00 or less on ebay, but I have to admit I'm not that knowledgeable about PDA's and would hate to get one off ebay that could not be used for geocaching.

Thanks,

Scott

Edited by scottywentzky

Just an FYI, I bought My first Palm IIIxe off eBay, it was a knock off product that used the Palm PDS programs. It only lasted a little more then a month, before it bombed out. Also it was a battery hog!

I suggest going to a store and buying a unit from them. I purchased a color Palm Z22 for $89 from a office super store. it has a 32m of memory along with a lithium rechargeable battery, the one draw back is the screen is a little smaller. But so is the unit.

I just got a Palm M105 off ebay for $10.00.

I think that was a pretty good deal. I figure even if it does not work for geocaching I can give it to my girlfriend for keeping track of her confused life.

Is there any software or other tips/advice that you can offer about using one of these?

Thanks,

Scott

Check craigslist, I got a palm XIIIx for $40. If you dont see one right away, check again in a couple of days. I found the one I got in the third try. Good luck

For that price and a IIIx, the factory-refurb IIIx on Overstock.com for $36 is a better deal in my opinion. No dealing with auctions, private sellers, and the possibility of getting a unit that is too "used." Though I just bought a IIIxe for $10.50 on eBay. Like scottywentzky, I figured it was worth taking a chance. Hopefully my gamble will pay off next week when I get it. I'm not the type to buy something used.

I got this one on ebay and it should arrive tomorrow:

Palm VIIx PDA, gently used, in Great condition, Software and instruction booklets, Hotsync Cradle, Portable keyboard with software and case, Leather case for PDA, and a CD-ROM: "PDA Power Training". Original box and packaging.

All that for $30.50 including shipping. Will this do OK for paperless caching?

ive got a handspring that i want to sell and i will sell it for 40 if you want it. It cost me 350 new about 4 years ago and i havent used it for the last year. it will come with a hotsync charger/computer dock and it has games and a stylus and everything. you can write notes, have alarms, address books and everything else. email me @ sammysosa1991@aol.com if you are interested.