Max Batteries

I picked up two packs of the Energizer Max batteries last night at target... they were on sale. Anybody using these? Haven't had a chance to use them yet in my Sportrak... just wondered what the CW was on these.

I'd love to see them last longer than my others. I usually only run Duracell or Energizers. My magellan doesn't like the el-cheapo batteries.

The longest lasting batteries are the Lithium type. We use 2400 MAHr Powermax NiMh rechargeable batteries. Make sure you purchase 2400 MilliAmpHour rechargeables at a minimum ..... as rechargeables come in many different ratings. We use our GPSs so much that rechargeables are the only way to go for us. :) ImpalaBob

Lately rechargeables have improved considerably. You might want to take another look. When we first bought a charger and batteries they were rated

1900MAh, now most are rated 2300 or 2400mAh. They hold up well, though over time they'll gradually begin lasting shorter and shorter periods.

I also buy Energizer Max in 48 packs at Sam's (~$16) for use when we space out on having enough charged. They're my preferred. Though I used to spring for Lithium and found they cost 3x more and lasted 4 to 5 times longer. Oddly though, my new camera specifies Alkaline and NOT lithium or titanium, so I no longer buy them.

I get my batteries at Menards. They just had a great sale on a 30 pack with a mail in rebate.

To save on use when doing road trip-I wait until I within 5 miles to turn my GPS (unless its over 150 miles way) so it can "find itself". Once I find my cache-IF I know my way to my car I turn my machine off and repeat the procedure.

I have to drive miles between caches, so this would not work in big metro areas.

Energizer Max are fine and will work OK. I use them all the time.

However, Lithium will last the longest and work better in really cold weather. I use NIMH in moderately cold weather (to about -12C) as the most cost effective. Even with 1850mAh batteries I get around 6- 8hours on my Meridian Platinum (without the backlight of course.)

JDandDD

I use the 15-minute Energizer 2500 rechargeable batteries in my Vista C and they last for at least 12 hours.

I can't imagine buying batteries you are going to throw away . . . unless you need the Lithium batteries for very cold weather.

Good quality, not off-brand, NiMH rechargeables are the only way to go, IMHO. :mad:

I use the 15-minute Energizer 2500 rechargeable batteries in my Vista C and they last for at least 12 hours.

I can't imagine buying batteries you are going to throw away . . . unless you need the Lithium batteries for very cold weather.

Good quality, not off-brand, NiMH rechargeables are the only way to go, IMHO. :mad:

Agree with everything in that post. The real issue is really cold weather. Starting at about -8C (about 17F) NimH start having significant problems and gets much worse at about -12C (about 10F) in my very non-scientific observation. At those temperatures lithium work better.

JDandDD

I picked up a couple of Energizer litiums from a cache one time because my batteries were about to go dead and i didnt have any extras with me. (i know, im an amateur [:lol:])

Anyways, those things lasted a longgggg time, seemed the battery indicator in my 76s was never going to get off the full mark. But, when it did finally move it went fast. Almost no warning before the GPS went dead.

Ive had great luck with NIMHs. Heck, im using 1900 mAh batteries that are over two years old and they are still hanging in there. Of course, you want to buy the highest rating you can get,,, the Energizer 2500 mAhs do the trick nicely. I think the main thing is to be sure and get a good charger. Im using one of the Energizer ACCU Chargers, im sure there other good and maybe even better brands as well.

Oh and by the way, ive tried Duracells a few times in different types of electronics and they just dont last long at all! :lol:

If you aren't using rechargables, then you are spending way too much time in line buying batteries.

These days, alkalines for long term storage of infrequently used electronics or emergency items. Rechargables for every day use.

I don't think that that is a very good reason. My grocery store has batteries right at the checkout line. Since I must visit the grocery store at least weekly I can purchase all the batteries that I want without spending even one second more in line than I would be spending anyway.

Not that I would do that of course. But I could. :lol::DB):D;)