Uotrackers Coin

UOTrackers

Tomorrow makes 1 month since we started caching. Wow I'm such an addict already! So I wanted a coin like everyone else and I had some pretty decent ideas, but I can't do design work worth a mctoy :D So I saw Fox and hound was offering to do design work for a coin! WOW!!! Check out his amazing work!

coin_heads_side_copy-3.jpgcoin_tails_side_copy.jpg

Only 2 minor adjustments. A Place for tracking site (we're still up in the air about tracking) And the co-ords there are not the real co-ords. (The co-ords will have a bonus feature to them, I think my husband is putting a micro in that area :ph34r:

So now I have to move onto phase 2, figuring out metals and minters. So far I know for sure that 10 will be special minted ones that I will be selling for a charity. Also an undecided amount from each coin will be for the same charity as well. I need to chat with some people to figure out how to handle this better I think.

So ok...suggestions, comments, likes dislikes? Fire away!

Edited by UOTrackers
I love it, what is the whiskey/easy for?

It's a semi famous street corner here in Aiken SC where we live. Whiskey road was a moonshine running road back in the 1800's, and I *think* that at that corner it was "Easy" to get it. I'm in the midst of doing some research about this area more, I'm not from here originally, my husband is. I just thought it would make a neat coin peice. Here in this town the souvenirs quite often have this street sign depicted.

The points are a nice touch (where'd ya get the idea?  :D ) - the coin looks great.  I'd trade one of my personal coins for yours.

The outside portion of the coin is "stolen" from the game I play, Ultima Online. In the game that is the compass used...

uotrackerscoin01.jpg

That was my original attempt at the design. Fox & Hound did a MUCH better job.

About the points: since I don't have a minter yet I think it will come down to their ability to do them. They will NOT be sharp like a ninja star (much to my husbands dismay).

About Preorders - As soon as I figure out how those work I'll be happy to let you know. In the mean time if you like shoot an email to me at UOTrackers@yahoo.com so I'll remember your interest!

Edited by UOTrackers

Please note that this is not an ordering thread. As the track-ability of this coin has not yet been decided, please refrain from posting your intentions to purchase.

Now, if "Count me in for 2" and posts of this type are meant to be trade offers, please disregard the lump of spaghetti with eyes on your left.

If not, however please keep discussions around either trades or the design of the coin.

Thank you.

- FSM

Please note that this is not an ordering thread. As the track-ability of this coin has not yet been decided, please refrain from posting your intentions to purchase.

Now, if "Count me in for 2" and posts of this type are meant to be trade offers, please disregard the lump of spaghetti with eyes on your left.

If not, however please keep discussions around either trades or the design of the coin.

Thank you.

- FSM

I would very much like to make this coin trackable with it's own icon even. It's still up in the air because the main reason for my making this coin was to be able to donate $5 from each sale to a charity. In September of 2004 I lost identicle twin daughters to prematurity. After the loss I learned of a charity, and have since pledged to help them. If we make the coin trackable the end cost (selling price) would be close to $13 + shipping. This is all based on estimates since I haven't a minter yet. I'd love some feedback on this as it would help me in deciding where to go next with this.

Mods if this is not the right way to word this any suggestions in how to word it better would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

As I posted earlier....I'd love to do a trade...but, I'd also be willing to donate to your cause as well. If it takes a donation to be able to trade...I'd certainly be willing to do so. MayBe you can cloak that within "Handling Charges" and avoid all the 3rd degree.

That's a thought....hmmmm

And thanks to Spaghetti for pointing out some other coin minting options!

As I posted earlier....I'd love to do a trade...but, I'd also be willing to donate to your cause as well. If it takes a donation to be able to trade...I'd certainly be willing to do so. MayBe you can cloak that within "Handling Charges" and avoid all the 3rd degree.

Now, now.....let's not treat the Mods as stupid.

And for the sake of disclosure, I referred UOTrackers to the thread pinned at the top of these forums - lest anybody think that I'm playing favorites.

I've been getting a lot of great feedback and have since written to another minter. Right now I am only getting ideas on what else to do with the coin. Make it trackable or not. Most of that will come down to price. My main purpose for this coin is to be able to sell it for charity. I'm really wanting to send $5 from each coin to my charity of choice and I'd LOVE to be able to donate $1000. So as far as trading goes, we probably will not be doing many trades.

For right now this thread was to show the design off and get input on it.

Does making the coin Trackable with it's own icon make it more desirable?

My main purpose for this coin is to be able to sell it for charity. I'm really wanting to send $5 from each coin to my charity of choice and I'd LOVE to be able to donate $1000.

Does making the coin Trackable with it's own icon make it more desirable?

Count me in. I'd donate to your charity.

Of course trackable makes it more desireable and a unique icon only makes it more so.

CF30

As per Rothsafari's post in the thread announcing the new geocoin policy:

Some answers:

Let me start by noting that prior to releasing the policy, a last minute decision was made to allow the trading of non-trackable coins. This was done in order to encourage the creation and use of non-trackable coins while still limiting sales of coins in the Groundspeak forums to those that were trackable.

Sure, people might try to work around those rules and some, or most, might actually get away with it. However, those who use the forums to promote the sale of their non-trackable coins and get caught will be punished somehow. Hopefully the threat of punishment will be enough of a deterrent. If not, it is our problem to address.

So, here is an answer to some of the questions:

So, here are official questions on the new guidelines:

1: Can we only discuss designs of coins that will be trackable?

2: If I'm offering a non-trackable coin for trade can I post its image (within acceptable community standards of course)

3: If I'm working on a non-trackable coin, can I solicit design comments/critisism?

1. If the coin will eventually be sold, then you can only discuss designs of coins that will be trackable. Otherwise, we will consider it promotion of the coin. If the coin will not be sold, then you can discuss the design.

Note: If we find out that you sold a non-trackable coin after promoting it (through the use of design input solicitation) in the Groundspeak geocoin forums, you will be subject to moderation, the severity of which will solely depend on our perception of the intent of your action.

2. Yes. Same Note above applies.

3. Yes, unless the coin will be sold. Please refer to the answer to #1.

So, please make your decision and repost at that time. If you do eventually make the decision to make them trackable you can start over with a clean slate. For now I am closing this thread since it has become a sale thread against the guidelines