'x' Series- Won't Stream Data From Usb

azspecter

I am figuring out that the Garmin 'X' series will NOT allow streaming of data when connected to the USB port. It will allow track/waypoint transfer when you request it, but it WILL NOT allow STREAMING data when connected to USB. Reading the other posts/problems, I am slowly confirming this. Probably is the same 'handshake' issue as with the GSAK and the X series.

However, I am hearing rumblings that it WILL STREAM (well, supposed to anyways) in serial mode- but no one can confirm this yet. I haven't wanted to drop the $50 required for all the cables just to TEST to see if Garmin has their $#!7 together or not. Does anyone have any info on this, or can confirm my hunches either way? Do you know if Garmin is planning on fixing this soon?

Thanks

I am figuring out that the Garmin 'X' series will NOT allow streaming of data when connected to the USB port. It will allow track/waypoint transfer when you request it, but it WILL NOT allow STREAMING data when connected to USB. Reading the other posts/problems, I am slowly confirming this. Probably is the same 'handshake' issue as with the GSAK and the X series.

I believe the problem I am having with nRoute is precisely what you are describing.

See my post: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=121210

where I talked to Garmin Tech Support. They are promising a fix. We'll see.

huh. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I've tried 4-5 different setups that are SUPPOSED to work- and they all give me the feedback of not having ANY info stream out when connected via USB.

Any indication as to how long it will take them to fix this? Are they pretty quick on things like this, or are we in for a long winter's nap here?

SUPPOSIVELY you can connect via serial- but, I have to buy a serial/power cable combo, and an USB/Serial Adapter- well over another $50. I don't want to go through all that to find out it doesn't work, or, that they'll have a fix for it within the week.

Thanks