Soliciting Donations

TerryDad2

I'm bumping this thread and changing it's direction a little bit... sorry OP!

In regards to donations, does anyone have coporate contacts for Caching/GPS related companies that might provide some freebies for CITO events?

Garmin has a sponsorship comittee, you can write a letter and fax it in to request they review your event for sponsorship. I did that, but haven't heard anything back yet.

I also emailed Thales Navigation (The corporate entity behind Magellan) but haven't even gotten a good contact for their sponsorship comittee yet.

Does anyone have a good Thales\Magellan contact, or any other corporate contacts that might help?

Is Groundspeak working with anyone to sponsor CITO gear?

Basically I'm trying to get some T-shirts, hats, stickers, etc from the companies cachers know best. I'd also like to get some trash bags. I've seen Magellan-sponsored bags in some of the CITO pics, and wondered if it's still possible to get them.

Garmin has a sponsorship comittee, you can write a letter and fax it in to request they review your event for sponsorship. I did that, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Where did you get your information about a Garmin sponsorship committee? I'd like to know more about this.

Jamie

Where did you get your information about a Garmin sponsorship committee? I'd like to know more about this.

Jamie

Someone mentioned it in another thread. Apparently he emailed garmin support and they sent back the info for the sponsorship committee. Basically you write a letter to Garmin (in Kansas) and address it in care of the Sponsorship Comittee and they'll review your request. Since I haven't heard back yet I don't know how well this will pan out, but supposedly the review takes up to 2 weeks.

I'm bumping this thread and changing it's direction a little bit... sorry OP!

In regards to donations, does anyone have coporate contacts for Caching/GPS related companies that might provide some freebies for CITO events?

I also emailed Thales Navigation (The corporate entity behind Magellan) but haven't even gotten a good contact for their sponsorship comittee yet.

Does anyone have a good Thales\Magellan contact, or any other corporate contacts that might help?

Is Groundspeak working with anyone to sponsor CITO gear?

Basically I'm trying to get some T-shirts, hats, stickers, etc from the companies cachers know best. I'd also like to get some trash bags. I've seen Magellan-sponsored bags in some of the CITO pics, and wondered if it's still possible to get them.

I just sent an email to Magellen telling them how dissapointed I was in their company for sponsorship. I sent them an email a few weeks back and have yet to hear from them. Garmin on the other hand replied back with a mailing address to send a letter to for sponsorship. I think Magellen, like their gps'rs, is way behind the times on geocaching.

I just sent an email to Magellen telling them how dissapointed I was in their company for sponsorship. I sent them an email a few weeks back and have yet to hear from them. Garmin on the other hand replied back with a mailing address to send a letter to for sponsorship. I think Magellen, like their gps'rs, is way behind the times on geocaching.

Yeah, I sent an email thru Magellan's web site requesting the name of a person to talk to, or more information, and all I got was a canned response from their support saying that "my request would be directed to the appropriate department". It's been about 5 days and I've heard nothing. I'll keep trying, but from what I've read about their lack of responsiveness on customer support issues, I'm not holding my breath regarding freebies. If they're not spending money to make their products work right, chances are promo items are way down their list.

(Edited for clarification)

Edited by DocDiTTo