Specific Numbered Coins

ODragon

I've noticed that people ask for certain, specific numbers on coins.

I want number 79 if possible.

Now the question is, are specific numbers worth extra for certain people? If you were trading, would the number you want be worth a better coin? How about an extra 50 cents? What about $1.00?

Now the question is, are specific numbers worth extra for certain people? If you were trading, would the number you want be worth a better coin? How about an extra 50 cents? What about $1.00?

Short answers:

No

No

No

No

Sometimes I ask for #99, but it ain't that important.

Why is it always about the money? Sheesh, this is supposed to be fun, right? :lol:

--Marky

I am looking for a coin with number 448 on it.

Anyone have one?

Why 448? It is the number JD Fortune uses for Good luck...he even had 448 tatooed on his neck during the Rockstar INXS show :(

I probably have a Marky & Joani Nano coin with that number still. :lol:

You know, on paper, I wouldn't have thought I would like that show all that much, but I found it very enjoyable and was glad to see JD win.

Although there was an audience participation factor in who lost, ultimately, the band got to hand pick who stayed and who was gone. They could have, if they wanted, kept the lowest voted person all the way to the end. I'm sure that was there as a safeguard. :o In the end, I think they picked the guy who had the most talent and also sounded the most like Michael.

It's cool to see that the T.V. show Las Vegas is using JD's song in some of their ads.

--Marky

I am looking for a coin with number 448 on it.

Anyone have one?

Why 448?  It is the number JD Fortune uses for Good luck...he even had 448 tatooed on his neck during the Rockstar INXS show  :D

I probably have a Marky & Joani Nano coin with that number still. :D

You know, on paper, I wouldn't have thought I would like that show all that much, but I found it very enjoyable and was glad to see JD win.

Although there was an audience participation factor in who lost, ultimately, the band got to hand pick who stayed and who was gone. They could have, if they wanted, kept the lowest voted person all the way to the end. I'm sure that was there as a safeguard. :ph34r: In the end, I think they picked the guy who had the most talent and also sounded the most like Michael.

It's cool to see that the T.V. show Las Vegas is using JD's song in some of their ads.

--Marky

Every show I watch at night ..ill be on the computer at the same time here in these forums and I will hear all of a sudden "Pretty Vegas" playing in the background on different shows. I've heard it every night this week! Makes me turn to look at the TV and I smile.

I would love to buy that coin from you if you still have it!?

I leave you with a quote:

"If INXS would have chosen Marty they would have lost a FORTUNE. That is something they just couldnt afford to lose" B)

Front row tickets to see him in Boston are available for 1400.00. Wish I was a rich woman. I am ticketless :D

It's not costing any more to have that number printed on the coin as part of a given run so why charge more?

<retorical - yes, I know the answer = $$>

They're coins. VERY COOL COINS, but they're just coins. Best number I have is #202, and it ain't about the number - it's all about the meaning of the coin and it's creator.

If you are a Hitchhiker's Guide fan you might be into #42. I have the #42 coin of the LE Silver Edition (only 75 made) of the Prairie Partners coin. I would guess that makes me "extra cool", eh? :)

Oh, wait. I'm way not cool. (But this is a cool coin and I like it. :) )

I just recently started asking for coin 69 if available.

69 has always been a good number for me.

I play the Georgia lottery's Cash 3 & Cash 4 from time to time and both times that I've ever won anything on them 69 was part of the number that was drawn.

Plus my favorite car of all time is a '69 Camaro.

I've owned one back before marriage & kids!

Plus also a 69 Chevelle, & a 69 Mustang.

D-man :)

I just recently started asking for coin 69 if available.

69 has always been a good number for me.

I play the Georgia lottery's Cash 3 & Cash 4 from time to time and both times that I've ever won anything on them 69 was part of the number that was drawn.

Plus my favorite car of all time is a '69 Camaro.

I've owned one back before marriage & kids!

Plus also a 69 Chevelle, & a 69 Mustang.

D-man :)

How was Woodstock?

You were there weren't you?

We've been partial to #39. Our first few coins we got just happened to be #39...and then I turned 39 (for the first time this year)...so it seemed like a good number to collect, since I already had a few of this number without even trying. But I wouldn't pay extra...unless it would prevent me from turning 40...LOL.

Edited by DresselDragons

We've been partial to #39. Our first few coins we got just happened to be #39...and then I turned 39 (for the first time this year)...so it seemed like a good number to collect, since I already had a few of this number without even trying. But I wouldn't pay extra...unless it would prevent me from turning 40...LOL.

Ok so if the getting #39 coins works to keep you from 40. Let me know as I will start to collect #29's since I am going to turn..................30 in December!! <_<:):D

I would not mind not going into my 30's.....it just seems so OLD! ;)

Ok so if the getting #39 coins works to keep you from 40. Let me know as I will start to collect #29's since I am going to turn..................30 in December!! :laughing::o:)

I would not mind not going into my 30's.....it just seems so OLD! :(

You might want to be VERY careful about wishing to not reach any particular age. :)