`snack Attack`

woZere

On our early caching days we would come back after finds hungry :o having not realised how long we would be out there, since then we carry along snacks. Our caching snacks are banana`s and pink grapefruit with freddo bars as a treat . Just wondered what treat keeps you going on your caching. :lol:

When out with Cachemad on a day out, a pasty, double-decker bar, flap-jack and a pint of milk from the first garage we get to around lunchtime is the order of the day for me....

unless.....

if we have our wives with us, it's a proper lunch at a pub.... caching with wives costs so much more! :lol:

I take a tube of high N R G type gel in my camelbak pack. Shot of that keeps fatigue and hunger at bay. Before, during and after exercise.

It is all I carry around in summer whilst on mountain bike too.

Used to make my own in a drink but now imported a few packs from Sierratrading.com to try out.

Stops me passing out anyway.

When out with Cachemad on a day out, a pasty, double-decker bar, flap-jack and a pint of milk from the first garage we get to around lunchtime is the order of the day for me....

unless.....

if we have our wives with us, it's a proper lunch at a pub.... caching with wives costs so much more! :lol:

:( Oi! Oi Oi! I hope you're not implying that a pasty isn't a proper lunch?

MrsB :o

.................trail mix..................

we made our own its basically, salted nuts, currants, m and ms and cachew nuts ect all in one bag give it a good shake up

We had some advice from a Royal Marine (I suppose they know best how to survive in the wild) when some of us from work did the Three Peaks challenge a while back. He persuaded is to have a "Nutty bag" in our pockets with nuts, chocolate, dried fruit and biscuits chicked in it and mixed up. It certainly helped keep us going.

I'd suggest that a squirell or a fox or a wild boar or a lion even, would have more of an idea of how to survive in the wild?

and talking of Pasties... don't mention the G word...

Yeah well obviously a wild animal.... I meant know best compared to me :D

Anyway, those Ginsters pasties are awful - and on the Plymouth Argyle shirts... boo hiss :ph34r:

usually anything that is in any local shop or garage...

Very occasionally it's been a lovely tea shop, or pub, but then it's a struggle to leave!!!

I DO always make sure I have tonnes of water - especially in the summer... in fact any time of year I usually have about 40 bottle s of water in my car!